You are here:

HTC

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
uziandme

HTC Wildfire Airplane Mode - wont turn off!!!

Can anyone help - my wildfire suddenly decided to go into airplane mode today and no matter what I do, it won't be switched off.  I've removed battery and replaced it, i've tried my sim in another handset and it worked fine.  This evening my phone briefly started working again, I received a few texts then it put itself firmly back in airplane mode.  I've even done a hard reset and it's still in airplane mode!!!  HELP :-p

Message 1 of 5 (10,306 Views)
Rank 13: Guide II
cjm1979

Re: HTC Wildfire Airplane Mode - wont turn off!!!

uziandme wrote:

Can anyone help - my wildfire suddenly decided to go into airplane mode today and no matter what I do, it won't be switched off.  I've removed battery and replaced it, i've tried my sim in another handset and it worked fine.  This evening my phone briefly started working again, I received a few texts then it put itself firmly back in airplane mode.  I've even done a hard reset and it's still in airplane mode!!!  HELP :-p

Is it actually in airplane mode (showing the plane symbol at the top) or just no signal? Have you put something custom on the phone ie: Rom, Radio or theme? After you factory reset the phone was it ok until you installed something?

Message 2 of 5 (10,289 Views)
Rank 1: Guest
uziandme

The airplane signal isn't showing however when i press the power button and the menu comes up, airplane mode is on and also when I go into menu, settings, networks, airplane mode is on.  Last night it actually started working and worked fine for about an hour and then went back into airplane mode so am back to square one!!

Message 3 of 5 (10,265 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Dave

Hi uziandme, welcome to the eForum!

You've tried much of what I'd suggest here, so there isn't much left to check.

First things first - you say the phone is stuck in airplane mode but there is no airplane symbol showing, so can you confirm how you can see that it is in airplane mode rather than simply a lack of coverage? One way to test this is to see if the signal comes back on in certain locations but vanishes in others - where you somewhere else when the phone started working again?

If it does seem to work in other locations, can you confirm your full postcode at the affected address for me so I can check for any local faults?

If this isn't the case, then I'd suggest backing up any data and restoring the phone to factory settings.

Finally, if you are still affected and the location is not the issue, you'll find our repair FAQ thread has the full details on how to arrange a repair. If you have Vodafone Cover Me Insurance as well then by arranging the repair in-store you can collect a courtesy handset to use whilst yours is away.

Dave

eForum Team

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 4 of 5 (10,249 Views)
Rank 13: Guide II
cjm1979

uziandme wrote:

The airplane signal isn't showing however when i press the power button and the menu comes up, airplane mode is on and also when I go into menu, settings, networks, airplane mode is on.  Last night it actually started working and worked fine for about an hour and then went back into airplane mode so am back to square one!!

Id go to a store and get a replacement sim card and then that can be ruled out. Are you using Vodafones firmware or a custom rom?

Message 5 of 5 (10,242 Views)