You are here:
Ask a question:
Rank 2: First Poster
countryboy2005

HTC Wildfire - Battery Life

[ Edited ]

I can understand that using your phone a lot uses battery life and I have been known to use my phone as a bit of a toy. But Can someone please explain to my why my Wildfire only lasts 24hrs at best  when I am not using it as a toy and has to be charged every night, I have turned off all data connections etc that I can find options for but the battery still runs out at the same rate.

Thanks

Message 1 of 10 (10,411 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
George

Re: HTC Wildfire - Battery Life

Hi countryboy2005,

Thanks for posting, I'll be more than happy to help you out here :smileyhappy:.

To be honest, I'm not a heavy phone user either, but I've also had to charge my last three phones up every night otherwise the battery would die and those were made by three separate manufacturers (iPhone, Blackberry, Nokia).

The fact is, you'll be hard pushed to find any smartphone that doesn't need to be charged every night. The best advice I can give is to ensure that Bluetooth and Wi-Fi are switched off whenever you're not using them. Also, using the 3G network uses considerably more battery power than using the 2G network does, so if you don't need the data connection speeds of 3G then it may be worth switching down to 2G only mode. Details of how to do this can be found on our HTC Wildfire Help page.

George

eForum Team

Message 2 of 10 (10,383 Views)
biggles01

Re: HTC Wildfire s - Battery Life

Unfortunately I have had the experience of contacting the Vodafone suctomer services operators and ended up with the useless Egypt call centre. From experience I can assure you they are useless. My wife's wildfire s had no issue on battery life for the past two months and hen over the weekend we noticed despite a full charge it reduced in battery life to 30% over the next 1-2 hrs. Today we charged it for 7 hours and then switched it on only to see the charge drop to 25% in minutes . My wife called the help line at Vodafone only for one of the Egyptian operators to simply advise he could not order a new replacement today as they are out of stock and my wife wold have to call back in 2-3 days and go through the same process again! Why cannot the battery be ordered and supplied when in stock? Why can't a Vodafone store supply the replacement ? And more importantly why did this idiot of an operator suggest we waste time again calling to no doubt get the same response and push off by the people? Maybe someone from eforum who have helped to get past these overseas advisors could contact me to help since the issues I have had on both this mobile and my other are driving me mad primarily since its seems impossible to speak to a person willing to help. Thanks Marc
Message 3 of 10 (10,029 Views)
Tech Team
DaveCD

Hi biggles01

Thank you for your post and I am sorry you feel this way.

I understand it can be frustrating as phones have become such an integral part of everyday life. :smileyhappy:

Have you tried any of the suggestions posted by George?

You also mention that this has only happened recently, are you aware of any new applications that have been downloaded to the device?

I also noticed that my battery suffered when using applications that required location services, could you please ensure these are also swithched off if not required.

Many Thanks

DaveCD

eForum Team

Message 4 of 10 (10,000 Views)
biggles01

Hi Paul,

Maybe you missed something but as I indicated in my posting this has started in the past week, no new apps have been added for some time and my wife who uses the mobile normally has the mobile swiatched off for most to hte day. There has been no issue with the battery until now in the past 2 1/2 months.

My issue is that your egyption call centre are, as usual, helpful without actually delivering anything constructive - hence the plea for help through the eforum.

They acknowledge an issue with the battery on the wildfire s, they are willing to supply a replacment battery, but as there are no batteries in stock we have to repeatedly call this call centre every few days to enquire the staock availability? With no idea on time of new stock this is a waste of time for me and my wife and could run for longer than the contract.

If I go to my local vodafone store they will only offer to return the mobile with battery to vodafone - which is odd since your call centre already acknowledge an issue with the battery and returning the mobile when you 'have no battery stock' would just leave us even worse.....no mobile to use either.

My view is that if the battery fails to hold charge within 3 months of supply then the mobile WITH batteruy fails the 'Merchantable quality' test under sale of goods so should be replaced in entirety. We dont want this .....just to have abttery which holds charge.

Can you see the issue now?

Battery needs replacing - vodafone willing to replace - no stock - vodafone wont place order - customer inconvenienced by being made to call every few days - doubtful outcome since who knows when batterys would arrive!!

I await your practicable solution.

Marc

Message 5 of 10 (9,996 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Lee

Hi there Biggles01,

Thanks for your post.

I'm afraid we don't hold any stock of spare batteries. If you can source one for yourself and forward a copy of the receipt or despatch note then we would be able to look at crediting the cost to your next bill :smileywink:

Cheers,

Lee

Message 6 of 10 (9,963 Views)
biggles01

Your reply has to rate as the best bit of reverse customer service this year - after 2.5 months a product Vodafone supplied fails (acknowledged by your really helpful Egyptian call centre - sarcasm!!) and your response is to the customer - "fix the problem yourself and send us the bill - then maybe we will consider re-imbursing you"

This will make a fantastic story for the various social media sites available and of course you know (i doubt) that 85% of purchases are based on peer recommendation and not your advertising.

Quite honestly I am so fed up of your company, it products and more importantly the customer service (joke) - don't expect a bill from me for the battery - I will get a new one and take the cost myself since clearly Vodafone have desperate financial problems and need all the help possible.

I really look forward to 15 months time when I can take both mobiles from vodafone and move to another provider who offers better service - maybe you are all the same but no more from vodafone.

The good news is even my company is dumping you and moving away - that's another 50 contracts lost.

:smileyvery-happy:

Spoiler

Message 7 of 10 (9,942 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Lee

Hi there biggles01,

I'm sorry you took my reply as a "we will consider it" response. Maybe I should have worded this better. Please accept my apologies for this.

Of course we will credit the cost of the battery if you'd like to let us know how much it was.

Once again I'm sorry for my vagueness; it was never intentional :smileywink:

Cheers,

Lee

Message 8 of 10 (9,938 Views)
biggles01

Lee

I have purchased the BA S540 replacment battery for Wildfire S from 'Mobile Fun' - you can check their web site to confirm the price.

Battery £14.99

Del £2.99

Total £17.98

Please advise how and when you will credit my account. 

Message 9 of 10 (9,917 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Lee

Hi biggles01,

That's been done for you just now. Please see your next bill for confirmation :smileywink:

Merry Christmas,

Lee

Message 10 of 10 (9,910 Views)