You are here:
Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
ambernew

HTC Wildfire - How Can I Pick Up My Office Outlook Emails?

Hi I have just got my Wildfire and want to pick up my office Outlook emails.

I get these remotely on my laptop via the office incoming server and 3's outgoing STMP server SMTP-MBB.THREE.CO.UK as I use mobile broadband.
I don't have regular Broadband.
It was simple to set up.

I would like to do a similar thing with my Wildfire but can't get settings sorted. I don't want to 3rd party like using a gmail account.

I have a business account contract with vodafone but understand they have stopped their STMP server service lately.

Can you help?
PS I don't have wifi either
Message 1 of 9 (4,199 Views)
ambernew

I think the office Server runs an exchange Server account BTW but we remotely use POP3
Message 2 of 9 (4,199 Views)
ambernew

So Vodafone or support are not interested in email. I may be wandering back to 3 very soon.
Message 3 of 9 (4,199 Views)
Rank 8: Helper II
Pendarric

So Vodafone or support are not interested in email. I may be wandering back to 3 very soon.

Erm.... I think a little patience maybe in order. The mods work on a first come first served basis, so if there are queries in front of yours yet to answered, that may be the reason you're still waiting?
Message 4 of 9 (4,199 Views)
ambernew

Erm.... I think a little patience maybe in order. The mods work on a first come first served basis, so if there are queries in front of yours yet to answered, that may be the reason you're still waiting?

Just spotted it didn't get posted in timely fashion despite me registering and sending many hours ago. Must be a timezone thingy; I've been travelling.
Message 5 of 9 (4,199 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Lee

Hi there ambernew,

Thanks for your post concerning Exchange set up on your Wildfire.

Unfortunately the SMTP servers would have no bearing on youe being able to pick up your Office Outlook emails.

To be honest, you'll need a list of the settings that your IT department should be able to supply to you to get this set up.

Basically, to get this set up on my Nexus One I input my work email address, and NT password then the handset should ask you what type of account this is you're setting up. I tap Exchange ActiveSync and tap OK.

If the handset will not auto set up, then tap manual and enter the details obtained from your IT department. Once they're inputted you should be good to go!

Let me know how you get on.

Cheers,

LeeH
eForum Team
Message 6 of 9 (4,199 Views)
ambernew

Hi there ambernew,...

Let me know how you get on.

Cheers,

LeeH
eForum Team

Sorry, poor terminology. I need to set up and be able to both send and receive emails. I have sufficient information to receive them from my server but not to send anything from my phone.

With my laptop I use 3's SMTP server as stated but I have two problems sending emails with the Wildfire:
1/ It won't send any emails and gives me server connection error messages
2/ I cannot find reliable details for Vodafone's SMTP server and all the passwords etc. that are needed,
neither Send.vodafone.net, nor SMTP.vodafone.net seem to work.

I also can't seem to delete the test email as it says I can't delete one that is 'sending'.

Hope this clarifies things. I have set up a fair few connections for previous VPN email connections but this combination of HTC and Vodafone is driving me spare.
Message 7 of 9 (4,199 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Reidar

Hello Ambernew and thanks for your prompt reply.

In terms of our own SMTP servers the send.vodafone.net or smtp.vodafone.net no longer function, these are now 'out of service'.

The only alternatives as far as our own SMTP servers are concerned are to register for a www.360.com account and use the allocated username and password with ther following SMTP information:

smtp.360.com

The following settings would need to apply:

Outgoing Server: smtp.360.com
Outgoing Server Port: 465
Outgoing Server requires authentication (SSL)
-360 username and password

This has a similar effect to using the previously active send.vodafone.net

Please let us know if you continue to experience issues.

Thanks

Reidar :ph34r:

eForum Team
Message 8 of 9 (4,199 Views)
ambernew

Hello Ambernew and thanks for your prompt reply.

In terms of our own SMTP servers
Please let us know if you continue to experience issues.

Thanks

Reidar :ph34r:

eForum Team

Thank you, Reider

That was the clear and consise information I had been looking for.

After playing around with different outgoing servers I decided to check our own outgoing server SMTP which won't work for Outlook on my PC (hence have to use my mobile broadband supplier)

My two way email suddenly started working after this change so I will stick with it for now.

Many thanks

Message 9 of 9 (4,199 Views)