29-12-2010 06:05 PM
I'm looking at buying a HTC Wildfire on PAYG and have a few questions:
1. Will the Vodafone device be branded with Vodafone logos?
2. Will the software/firmware on the device be branded (Vodafone start-up screens etc.)?
3. Can the device be unlocked to be used on nay UK network and at what cost?
Thanks in advance
29-12-2010 10:02 PM - edited 29-12-2010 10:07 PM
It'll be branded with things like Vodafone's network settings although in fairness it feels more like an Android phone than a couple of years ago when things like Live! were pushed heavily on phone menus. On all the Android phones I've tried on HTC you get the HTC start up screen. If unsure worth giving it a go in store beforehand
Vodafone mostly unlock all of their phones now, however if you do need a code there's a bit more information here.
17-01-2011 02:36 PM
- The device itself is not branded with anything apart from HTC logos
- There is a start up screen that shows vodafone
- Yes this can easily be unlocked to go on any network within the UK
Redpages is correct that there is no longer VF live on Android handsets as its all web based etc