Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

HTC and Vodafone, repair service very poor

Ellogg25
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi All

I am a very unhappy customer who has enjoyed being a long and loyal customer of Vodafone. I have been using the service with HTC phones for a while (HTC Legend, HTC One X and now HTC One)

I had an issue with the HTC One X over 2 years ago and was informed by Vodafone that I could take to the store or contact HTC and they would collect for repair. So to save time I contacted HTC and everything was sorted within a couple of days collected repaired and sent back.

I have been using my HTC One now for 6 months and it got a camera issue, picture would not focus but everything else worked great. I followed the same process as above and contacted HTC to get repaired. Here the problem started.

24/11/14 - Contacted HTC and logged the fault, followed advice of factory reset still no good

25/11/14 - Contacted HTC again to requested a repair, booked in with a ticket number (14GBC480000838) informed between 5 to 10 days repair and return time.

26/11/14 - UPS picked phone up with all documents required.

27/11/14 - Tracking UPS and phone was delivered to repair centre.

29/11/14 - HTC logged phone as delivered.

8/12/14 - HTC tracking site showing as still delivered, HTC online chat informed me waiting update will be contacted in 24hrs.

9/12/14 - Called HTC for update, they were still waiting update from repair centre, they would contact me in 24hrs with update.

10/12/14 - Called HTC again for update, asked why its taking so long and I am paying for a service I cannot use because I don't have the phone. Informed that is not an issue for HTC as am not paying for the phone. Asked what position am I in as you can just fob me off with we will contacted you within 24hrs and dont, forever. Replay to this was yes but we are investigating it we will contact you in 24hrs. At this point was frustrated I contacted Vodafone and was informed, sorry because you sent it off to HTC we cannot help you, to use the service you need to get another vodafone compatible phone, other than that we cannot help.

11/12/14 - Visited Vodafone shop, informed me that if I had taken it in there they would have given me a temp phone to use, had not been told this at anytime, but again not willing to help even though they are still taking my money.

12/12/14 - HTC tracking showing the delivered date changed to 12/12/14, but they had the phone since 27/12/14.

15/12/14 - Still on contact from HTC with update well over 24hrs. Then recived an email indicating a new repair had been logged (Ticket Number - 14GBC510000017) waiting for delivery. HTC online chat with KayleeG I was cut off because she could not help. Re-chat with Zan was no help and gave same we will contact you in 24hrs with update.

16/12/14 - Called HTC again informed me that the phone had been left on the side and was marked up wrong that is why its taken so long and will be repaired and sent back soon.

17/12/14 - HTC tracking now showing in repair, but have not go a facility to record my children's Christmas plays in school.

22/12/14 - Phone arrived back with a different stick on back of it, not the IMEI 359405059279255 but (A team - 83H40000-38   -    74H02404-55M) a bit suspicious.

7/1/15 - Not happy with the screen as it seems to be protruding on the top edge I decided to check the IMEI number on the actual phone was shown the following (IMEI 359188042013722.

I am not happy with the service by both companies here and having 3 contracts and a pay as you go phone on the Vodafone network feel you could have done better. I am now considering a move to another network and change from HTC.

What a let down, Thank Vodafone

Ian Ellis

3 REPLIES 3

drey_p
16: Advanced member

HI there

You are feeling let down by Vodafone because HTC have messed up the repair?  I'm sorry, but you're pointing fingers at the wrong company here.  If you have a complaint about the repair service you are receiving, you need to take this up with HTC themselves. 

PWIAC

Yes, but I feel if I am in a contract with Vodafone for a service and I cannot use there service due to the equipment they have supplied me to use being repaired. I asked for some assistance and they fobbed me off with its not our problem. This I feel is the point which lets Vodafone down not wanting to assist there customer with the service they are providing and help chase up the matter at least.

Ian E

drey_p

@Ellogg25 wrote:

Yes, but I feel if I am in a contract with Vodafone for a service and I cannot use there service due to the equipment they have supplied me to use being repaired. 

Your contract is for airtime only and doesn't cover the device you use with it - the device is actually excluded from the contract. You can use your airtime with any handset, and don't have to only use it with the handset you were supplied with.

@Ellogg25 wrote:

I asked for some assistance and they fobbed me off with its not our problem. 

No, you were given a choice of taking it to HTC or using Vodafone's repair service.  You chose to take it to HTC.  Because you haven't used Vodafone's repair service, you don't get a loan device.  It's as simple as that.

@Ellogg25 wrote:

This I feel is the point which lets Vodafone down not wanting to assist there customer with the service they are providing and help chase up the matter at least.

It is not up to Vodafone to chase up HTC - that is your job.  If you had used Vodafone's repair service, then yes, it would be their job to chase up with the repair centre.

Have you contacted HTC and made a complaint with them?  If not, that would be a good starting point. 

PWIAC