Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

HTC one mini calls keep cutting out

Paul05
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
My wife recently got a htc one mini on contract but calls have been constantly cutting out when about 20 seconds in. Had the phone 3 weeks, brought back to vodafone shop today but fact we are over the 2week cooling off period they don't really want to know. Shop manager said this was first time she had ever heard of this problem with a HTC handset, basically hinting that we were imagining things and that there couldn't possibly be a fault with the handset!. Anyone else have this problem or have any suggestions as to how this can be fixed? Not getting much help through the local vodafone store unfortunatly
5 REPLIES 5

Retired-Simon
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Paul05,

Please try the steps in our Network Troubleshooting thread.

If you are still experiencing the issue after completing these steps, post the template with your answers here and I'll have a member of the team get back to you ASAP.

Thanks,

Simon

Post Title: 'First half of post code - BT74

Thanks for reply, no luck with troubleshooting

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service? Happens everywhere

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the eForum, add it to your profile here. Happens everywhere but mainly BT92 4FH or BT74 5NR

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone? No but shop replaced sim and it's still happening

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs? None as such, call just ends

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all? All

6) When did you first notice this issue? From day one

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs? Permanent

Retired-Wayne
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Paul05,

The coverage in your area is quite patchy, so the issue may be due to this.

I’d need you to try your SIM card in another phone. If you don’t have another phone available, the best thing to do would be to pop into a Vodafone store.

Thanks,

Wayne

Shop have already gave a new sim and it happens with it too. Have a vodafone pay as you go for work for the last number of years and have never had any issues with coverage. It's a mini sim in the htc handset and my other handset is normal sim so unable to try in it. The shop basically refuse to believe it's the handset as in the words of the manager no htc phone has ever been returned for this reason but I can't see what else it would be if my other vodafone sim and phone are working perfectly and both are been used in the same areas. Calls are cutting out when I have 3/4 bars of coverage.

Retired-Laura
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Paul05,

So we can take a look at the phone.

See our repair process here.

Cheers,

Laura