Support:

HTC

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
mtayloronline

HTC sensation questions

Oh hi. 

This is my first post, and i wanted to ask a few questions about my HTC sensation on pay monthly from vodafone.

1. I have noticed that the phone says vodafone when it boots up.

- Does that mean there is custom firmware on there from vodafone?

- If yes can i remove the firmware and place the original firmware from HTC? (Without voiding the warrenty)

2. I have noticed that some of my downloaded apps lose there pictures and turn into a generic green htc icon. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for your help

Matthew

Message 1 of 10 (4,622 Views)
Rank 2: First Poster
h5pdk

Re: easiest sensation questions

In answer to your question, yes you do have Vodafone firmware on your phone. I don't no why the icons for the apps change but the

easiest way to change them back is change your scenes in your settings and then change it back to your original one. That should put them back to normal, it saves you having to remove them and put them back individually.

Message 2 of 10 (4,601 Views)
Rank 6: Frequent Poster
electronicpunk

Are the generic apps on the phone or sd card?
Message 3 of 10 (4,592 Views)
mtayloronline

The apps are on the SD card, and can i have the normal firmware instead of vodafone firmware? without voiding warrenty? 

Message 4 of 10 (4,582 Views)
Rank 21: Instructor V
EddyOS

No you can't I'm afraid
HTC One X (S720e)
ROM: 3.14.401.31 (JRO03C)
HBOOT: 1.39.0000 | Recovery: Stock
Radio: 5.1204.162.29 | Kernel: Stock
Message 5 of 10 (4,577 Views)
superman_flyguy

Re: When sending a picture msg its too small

Can anyone shed any light on why the sensation has a maximum picture sending size of 300k? Once my friends recieve my photos and open it on their phone its the size of a stamp which they can hardly make out plus when they zoom it its all distorted. What can i do to resolve this. I am really dissapointed with this phone, poor battery life, poor signal and to top it off the good pictures i take with my 8mp camera, well they are resized to a postaged stamp that when i send it no one can make out what the picure is. Please help.

Message 6 of 10 (4,333 Views)
Noetic

Not sure what you're doing to make your images so small, but mine are around 3 Meg.
Message 7 of 10 (4,297 Views)
superman_flyguy

Hi, i am not doing anything i take the pic on the 8mp setting on the camera but when i send it as a message it resizes itself and the max setting for pic sending is 300k on the phone settings, so when my friends recieve them they are like a postage stamp and when they zoom in it gois all pixilated. Any ideas?

Message 8 of 10 (4,265 Views)
Noetic

Having just investigated the image thing, the images are still the same resolution on mine, even if they are quite small (usually they are small because a lot of pixels are the same colour) file size wise.

Message 9 of 10 (4,237 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
James

Hey Guys,

Due to the maximum file size set at 300K for a picture message the only other option that you would have would be to set up an email account on your phone and send the pictures via email rather than MMS.

The plus side of doing it this way is that if you have a data bundle it will come out of your allowance rather than charging you extra to send an MMS.

James

eForum Team

If you have any comments regarding how I have answered your query today, please complete our short feedback survey.

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 10 of 10 (4,215 Views)