Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

HTC synched calendar out by one day - January and February 2016 only

TrevorC
4: Newbie

I missed an appointment earlier this week:  Outlook said Wednesday.  My synced M9 said Thursday.  I believed the phone as I was away from my computer.  However, appointments created on the phone were on the correct day in both places.

It seems HTC know about this fault which is due to the Leap Year, but have failed to fix it yet.

If you get through to HTC or Vodafone support, don't be bamboozled intro a full factory reset as I heard some poor mug was.  It's a software issue.  They need to fix it from their end...

15 REPLIES 15

hrym
17: Community Champion

As I said previously, all sorts of things can upset calendars, and some of them are bizarre and unexpected.   As I understand it, HTC have said they're working on a fix but to get one, they first have to understand what's gone wrong.  It sounds as though that may not be immediately obvious.

OK - but its a Google Calendar and an Android operating sysyem - shouldn't be behond the ken of a multi billion dollar digital phone company surely?

hrym

@AmazingBarks wrote:

Just phoned HTC and they confirm it is their fault - a technician is looking into it - when will it be fixed I ask - dont know is the answer.

I assume it's so bizarre and unexpected that it's got them scratching their heads too.   Calendars are fickle beasts and specific numbers can give them them collywobbles for no reason at all.   If this hasn't occurred before (eg 2012), it may just be 2016 that's tripped it up.

Back in the days of mainframes, we had a sudden update for a data analysis program that had to be implemented before a specific date in 1990!

HTC's latest idea to me is to sync with Outlook.com and sync Outlook.com onto my phone.

I'd have to download some extra software (Microsoft Outlook Connector for Windows Live Hotmail.) to Outlook to facilitate this, create an Outlook.com account and sync this to the phone.

The plus side is it would sync automatically (I think) rather than waiting for me to plug the phone in.  The negative side is the hassle and inability of HTC to provide a working product.

Does anyone have any experience of this merthod/workaround?

Seems the problem exists with Outlook and the Google calendar - a remote connection is unlikely to solve the problem. I'm getting a Samsung S6 - that'll fix it!

The workaround means you no longer sync with Outlook, but rather sync with Outlook.com OTA.  I think it's worth investigating for future ease.

But, I'm not impressed with HTC now, or in the past when the have an issue, they come across very inept and complacent.