Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

HTC - touch screen problems?

richjlong
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi folks. Anyone else had a problem with a tiny area of the touch screen on the HTC one M8 not working? It's the part where you would press send on texts or whatsapp and also makes scrolling through the Internet nigh on impossible. HTC one M8 is dreadful, had countless "this has stopped working" reports for stuff like Twitter (can't 'like' anything) and Instagram. Is getting it repaired worthwhile or will this just happen again with next phone, if this one was replaced?

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @richjlong

Does a Soft Reboot by turning it off and on help or maybe performing a back up and performing a Factory Reset especially after a firmware update ,ensuring that it's on the latest firmware.

Do you have any screen shields attached. 

Its possible HTC Uk Support could help.   Link.

These members also also use the HTC One M8 who maybe able to help  

@hrym

@jeffkinn

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

No screen guard and the soft reboot doesn't work. Reluctant to do another factory reset as I'll lose everything. Thanks though I'll use that as a last resort. 

hrym

Just as a matter of interest, what happens if you press and hold on the icon that's in that area?   Can you move it around the screen?   If so, then the problem is probably with the app and force stopping it may help.   If not, then it would certainly point to a screen issue.  I think you said the problem is with more than one app, so it's probably not this, but it's worth a try.

I haven't heard of a screen becoming unresponsive in one area only, but I wouldn't want to say it's not possible.  If it is that, I'm not convinced that a factory reset would solve it as I can't see how it could be a software issue - I'd have thought it would have to be a failure in the digitiser that recognises the touch.   A reset would be part of any repair process, so you wouldn't lose anything by giving it a go (as long as your content is backed up, of course :smileywink:)

Your best bet might be to go direct to HTC with this.  I've heard good reports of their repair service and they may even give you a new phone if they think yours is unrepairable.

thesoupdragon

If you are at the point where you think you might need to send a Phone away for repair, then I would say;

• Back up the Phone
  • Make sure contacts are saved
  • check music and photos are saved
  • save any text messages that are important

Now Factory reset the Phone... You might as well do this, as the repair centre will Factory reset as part of their routine.

9 times out of 10 a factory reset cures the issue, if it doesn't, you already have a backup and can send the phone off without delay!

Wink.gif

TSD