You are here:
Ask a question:
Rank 3: Occasional Poster

Help My Screen Is Broken Htc Hd2

Guys need help my screen on my 4 day old phone is Broken but the theres not a mark on it nothing at all im so im gutted to say the least. Or could this just need a hard reset
Message 1 of 12 (4,903 Views)

sorry double post
Message 2 of 12 (4,903 Views)
Rank 6: Frequent Poster

Guys need help my screen on my 4 day old phone is Broken but the theres not a mark on it nothing at all im so im gutted to say the least. Or could this just need a hard reset

Obviously the first thing is battery pull, then a hard reset, then if its still not working then either VF or HTC should replace it as its within 7 days let alone 28...
HTC HD2 - ROM: EnergyROM (CHT2-23148-Nov19) | SPL: HSPL2.08 | Radio: 2.15.50.04
HTC Desire - ROM: Android 2.2 (Froyo) | HTC Official release
HTC Tytn2 - ROM: Ultimate X-2 V10| SPL: 3.34 HardSPL | Radio: 1.71.09.01
HTC Tytn1 - ROM: Schaps 4.31 Full | SPL: 2.10 olipro | Radio: 1.54.07.00
Message 3 of 12 (4,903 Views)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Archers :)

It's unfortunate that your device screen is not working, please can you confirm whether you're referring to a broken screen physically or one that is simply not displaying information?

If it is not displaying then the device would be deemed faulty and can be exchanged within the first 7 days, if the screen is physically broken, i.e damaged, then this would be an issue of making an insurance claim on the handset, if you took out insurance with ourselves.

Alternatively your own 3rd party insurance (ie home insurance) should cover it, :)

Please keep us posted.

Thanks

Reidar :ph34r:

eForum Team
Message 4 of 12 (4,903 Views)

Hello well the inside screen is craked theres no mark on the phone theres nothing its just a crack in side it the guy thinks its down to a pressure spot. As he called it as when you tuch the screen on my hd2 its got a bit of flex going on. So there going to swap it out for me if not then I will just have to claim on the insurance. when that phone comes Ill then ask to cancel my contract and give them back the phone. But I did pay for the phone so dont know how that then would work out
Message 5 of 12 (4,903 Views)
Rank 2: First Poster

Hello well the inside screen is craked theres no mark on the phone theres nothing its just a crack in side it the guy thinks its down to a pressure spot. As he called it as when you tuch the screen on my hd2 its got a bit of flex going on. So there going to swap it out for me if not then I will just have to claim on the insurance. when that phone comes Ill then ask to cancel my contract and give them back the phone. But I did pay for the phone so dont know how that then would work out

Ive got a massive problem between vodafoneand insurancce at the moment for my broken HTC HD2, ive been told I can have any phone but not the HTC HD2 because they no longer stock it and not the Iphone which was my only other choice... all other phones in their current range do not compare so what am I supposed to do! I refuse to pay an 18 month contract for a phone i simply dont want please can someone at Vodafone help me out i'm so upset and angry
Message 6 of 12 (4,903 Views)

They do have the htc hd2 but only for business customers now. The way I see it if they sold you one originally and they have them in stock no matter who that stock is intended for they should replace it without issue through their insurance scheme.

As a new customer im far from impressed with vodafones idea of customer care.

Me personally I would simply demand the contract be cancelled if they refuse to replace like for like when they have them in stock and go elsewhere.
Message 7 of 12 (4,903 Views)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi guys,

Archers - Keep us in the loop to let us know how you get on.

hammers4life - The Cover Me insurance is held with Marsh Insurance through Vodafone, and as such it is they who define which handsets are available for exchange, and there is no guarantee of like-for-like replacements.

Full details regarding the insurance can be found here

DaveN

eForum Team

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 8 of 12 (4,903 Views)

Hi guys,

Archers - Keep us in the loop to let us know how you get on.

DaveN

eForum Team

Will do
Message 9 of 12 (4,903 Views)

Got my new phone late yesterday so got it charging nowbut dont know if im going to keep it
Message 10 of 12 (4,903 Views)
Rank 6: Frequent Poster

Got my new phone late yesterday so got it charging nowbut dont know if im going to keep it

Another example of a consumer customer obtaining an HD2 from stock VF doesn't apparently have?
:ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:
HTC HD2 - ROM: EnergyROM (CHT2-23148-Nov19) | SPL: HSPL2.08 | Radio: 2.15.50.04
HTC Desire - ROM: Android 2.2 (Froyo) | HTC Official release
HTC Tytn2 - ROM: Ultimate X-2 V10| SPL: 3.34 HardSPL | Radio: 1.71.09.01
HTC Tytn1 - ROM: Schaps 4.31 Full | SPL: 2.10 olipro | Radio: 1.54.07.00
Message 11 of 12 (4,903 Views)

Another example of a consumer customer obtaining an HD2 from stock VF doesn't apparently have?
:ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

mine came from Phones 4 u
Message 12 of 12 (4,903 Views)
Samsung Galaxy Alpha

Samsung Galaxy Alpha

Stand out from the crowd