cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

How can I add a new APN? HTC Desire 310.

GINAHOLMES
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,
Yesterday I purchased a HTC Desire 310 mobile that is locked to Vodafone.

I have been using a mobilebysainsburys SIM card in the phone which is working fine for calls & txts.

However the phone will not allow me to save the correct APN settings that Sainsbury's require to set up internet access?

I have spoken to HTC and they said it must be firmware added to the phone by vodafone that is preventing me from adding a new APN?

Is there anyway around this please? I have spoken to Sainsburys and I have all the correct APN settings.

I can select "new APN" and add the settings, it's just that I can't save them when I select "save new APN?"

I have also txtd "web" to 40127 and I get the text back with web settings, but when I click install it asks me to enter a code?

I bought the phone brand new & selaed from Tesco direct.

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

If the phone is network-locked, as far as I'm aware, it shouldn't work at all.  One thought: if you go into Settings|Networks|Moble Data (and sometimes)|More, with the Vodafone SIM in, is there an option for "Get settings from provider"?   If so, tap on it and it should download and install the APN and also delete any others.   It only appears if the system thinks it needs the settings, so it may or may not be there.  I've encountered the "can't save APN's" thing with SIM-free devices, though.