Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Htc m9 vibrate

Karlsberg87
3: Seeker
Hi
I have had my HTC m9 for six months. It developed a problem with the vibrate function whereby it stopped working completely. I did all the diagnostic tests and they didn't work and so I sent it off for repair at my local Vodafone shop. As good as gold I got a replacement phone as mine was unable to be fixed. I picked up this phone today which is a direct replacement and would you believe.....the vibrate function has stopped working again!!! Now I am going to have to take it back to the shop and get it sent off again...but I'm wondering as this seems to be a common fault with the phone how many times can I get this sorted? I don't have insurance but it's within warranty...I'm a bit fed up of the faults with this hand set...if it keeps going wrong are Vodafone likely to accept a request for me to swap handsets to something similar to the HTC m9? Going in and out of the shop and having to do all these back ups and restoring is very annoying to say the least. Not happy with this handset whatsoever after all these problems I'm having
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

I don't think anyone can blame you for losing confidence in the model of handset supplied. 

Vodafone will as mentioned repair or replace the phone if it can't be repaired. They would only typically swap out the handset for a different model if the one your using was discontinued and no Refurb models were left. 

However I see no harm in asking Vodafone Customer Services if they would swap out the handset for another model. You would be best asking this via letter as the agents via Live Chat and 191 won't have the authority to action this.

Another option would be to have your current model repaired or replaced and then unlock it to all Networks via the online Unlocking form found Here which increases its street value, and sell it to accrue funds to be able to buy another make and model of phone.

Be sure to update Vodafone on any new phones imei number and any Household Insurance or if your Bank Account provides cover let them know the imei of the phone too. 

The correspondence address to write is at the foot of the forum page. I'd suggest sending via Recorded Delivery so you can track your letter. Vodafone then have 8 weeks to respond to your letter. 

I wish you all the best. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

6 REPLIES 6

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi there

The bottom line is that Vodafone will continue to repair or replace the handset as it is in warranty.  Once the warranty has expired, you will no longer get replacements.

Often if you have issues with a handset, it is best to approach the manufacturere directly - they can sometimes deal with the fault more swiftly and easily than a third party repairer can. 

PWIAC

BandOfBrothers

I don't think anyone can blame you for losing confidence in the model of handset supplied. 

Vodafone will as mentioned repair or replace the phone if it can't be repaired. They would only typically swap out the handset for a different model if the one your using was discontinued and no Refurb models were left. 

However I see no harm in asking Vodafone Customer Services if they would swap out the handset for another model. You would be best asking this via letter as the agents via Live Chat and 191 won't have the authority to action this.

Another option would be to have your current model repaired or replaced and then unlock it to all Networks via the online Unlocking form found Here which increases its street value, and sell it to accrue funds to be able to buy another make and model of phone.

Be sure to update Vodafone on any new phones imei number and any Household Insurance or if your Bank Account provides cover let them know the imei of the phone too. 

The correspondence address to write is at the foot of the forum page. I'd suggest sending via Recorded Delivery so you can track your letter. Vodafone then have 8 weeks to respond to your letter. 

I wish you all the best. 

Current Phone  >

hrym

Two possibilities, I'd have thought.   Either there's a faulty batch or you have an app which is interfering with the function.   In the first case, give it a couple of months and try for a repair/repacement again (the idea being that the dodgy ones will have filtered through the system).   This isn't something that's cropped up before as far as I'm aware, so it doesn't sound endemic.

To rule out an app, run the phone vanilla for a while, then add your apps one at a time.   If the problem recurs soon after a particular installation, you'll probbaly have found the culprit and removing it may restore the vibrate (fingers crossed).

Karlsberg87
Thank you all :Smiling:
After I noticed the fault I did uninstall all apps and rebooted the phone back to factory setting. It starts with keypad vibration and then as writing a sentence as I am now the vibrate goes. Then it picks and chooses when to vibrate on messages and calls. I will delete all other apps but the only ones I have left are things like sky news etc which I can't imagine would cause this problem. Nevertheless I shall give it a go and run it on basics. Otherwise I may have to do what bandofbrothers suggested and sell the replacement I get and go to another manufacturer because this whole process is time consuming and annoying to be honest.

Thanks for your replies!

Karlsberg87
And I think it's more likely to be a hardware problem as tapping the top right of the phone appears to make vibrate work again for a short while

I wish you well in your endeavours and good luck. 

Current Phone  >