Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Htc one m8 faulty after 18 days vodafone won't refund

mnw191
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
Purchased a htc one m8 from vodafone on pay as you go on 3rd November. Straight away the charger didn't work with the phone so had to use an alternative. When I tried making calls the phone will just beep, and occasionally when I get text messages the phone will reset itself.

Went into my Vodafone store today, after waiting 40 minutes to be served I was told the only option after 18 days is to send it of for repair? Surely this can't be right am I not entitled under the sales of goods act for a full refund. All the manager said was I probably did broke it by the apps I installed.

Any moderator help would be great.
Thanks
2 REPLIES 2

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

I'm not totally up to speed with the ins and outs of the Sale of Goods Act, but I'm pretty sure Vodafone are entitled to attempt a repair in the first instance.

However, let's look at the practicalities.   Firstly, the charger.  Do you have another device you can try it with?  If it doesn't work with that, it's probably faulty.  You could pursue the matter with Vodafone, but you'll probably get a quicker resolution by going direct to HTC.   Vodafone don't tend to keep a stock of spare parts, so would have to source a new one and that'll take time.

On the phone problem, the first thing to try would be a factory reset.  That puts the phone back to its out-of-the-box state.   If it goes for repair, that'll happen anyway, so you won't have lost anything, but don't forget to back up your content first.   When you've done that, run the phone vanilla, with no apps added, for a few days.   If it's stable, add your apps back one at a time.  If the problem recurs, you've found the culprit.  It's worth giving this a go as it'll mean you won't be without your phone while it's away for repair.  If it doesn't fix it, you can still go down that route.

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @mnw191

If a fault develops in the first 14 days, you can exchange the phone like for like.

Once outside of the 14 day cooling off period, you need to send this for repair.

Thanks,

Jenny