Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Htc one mini 2 ............frustrated

chammy21
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Ok this phone is 4 weeks old and i keep getting an error message andriod.process.media has stopped working an error report will be sent to which i click ok ..........the box disappears and then reappears instantly, no matter what i do i cant get rid of it , and it is affecting the way the phone works i backed up all my files photos and did a factory reset and this did not cure it .........after spending 1hr and 47minutes on the phone to vodafone to get the advice do a factory reset i have jsut about given up , I am going into the vodafone store tomorrow (this will be the first chance i have ) to see if they can sort it .if not i dont know what i am going to do i am so frustrated .

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

You could have a word with HTC Uk Support who I feel could possibly know more about the software and hardware and may be able to guide you. 

Edit ref wrong link. 

http://www.htc.com/uk/support/

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

i have rang them and all they said was the only way to get rid of it was to do a factory reset ..........i explained that i had already done that and the bloke was about as much use as a chocolate tea pot as he just took my contact details and cut me off

BandOfBrothers

@chammy21 wrote:

i have rang them and all they said was the only way to get rid of it was to do a factory reset ..........i explained that i had already done that and the bloke was about as much use as a chocolate tea pot as he just took my contact details and cut me off

And that was from HTC Support ? 

You can ask Vodafone to send it off to their Repair Centres to which I think they would re flash the phones firmware. But typically it's better to let the manufacturer have first look as they know heir hardware and software better. 

It might be worth re contacting HTC as sometimes service can depend on the knowledge of the agent. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Yes that was the htc support line response ...i will see what the staff in store say tomorrow as i will be ##~## if i am going to be fobbed off again 

It's an inherent fault. You can demand a different handset. See the below from the chain "HTC mini 2 - always breaking" on this chat site.

"I just want to let other HTC One mini 2 users know that - after much insistence, complaints via various channels and an email to the CEO - I have finally been contacted by someone from the Customer Relations team. They have assured me that next time this phone breaks (since I have just now received yet another new replacement) they will allow me to replace it for a different make and model of the same value.  They have put a detailed note on my file to that effect.  Obviously I cannot test this until the phone breaks again - which we know it will - but I suggest you contact this team (Removed by Moderator) and demand the same. 

Despite what the reps on this chat say, there IS an issue with this phone, the tech team and the people in store know about it and, from my experience, are pretty embarassed when they have to tell customers there is no process for addressing it.

Hopefully the promise made to me by Customer Relations is an honest one and you can demand the same. How Vodafone go about sorting out their Customer Services and customer experience...? That is another matter because, as it stands, it falls short of the lowest of low expectations."

Read what you like into the fact the moderator removed the number of the help line that could help you. Clearly there is some contempt for customers at Vodafone.