Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Htc one mini frozen

mrshockallz
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

hi

have had this phone since middle of August and it's already had to have two resets to factory settings. This last few days the screen has been going unresponsive. Today however the phone stopped sending text messages so went to restart the phone and it has frozen on the white screen with hoc one on it. Went to htc website and found the instructions for reset and hard reset and it wouldn't let us do either. Not impressed one bit as I'm now phone less at 36 weeks pregnant.

7 REPLIES 7

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi,

How full is your phones memory ? If it's very close then the phones can hiccup in different ways. 

Are you you on the latest Firmware.

I usually suggest a Hard Reset which can help but make a BackUp as this will delete any Data in the phones memory. 

The phone comes with a 24 month warranty. 

You can choose to hand it into your most local Vodafone store for them to send it away to their Repair Centres or instead speak direct to Htc Uk Support. My preference would be to speak to Htc Uk Support as they know their Hardware and Software better. 

HTC UK Support

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

It won't let us do a hard reset at all. Husband tried for two hours. Problem is I'm 36 weeks pregnant and now have no phone so can't take my son out at all over school holidays.

it had an update last week n memory is fine.

Hi,

Usually after a firmware update its recommend to perform a Fsctory Reset / Hard Reset to get rid of redundant files. 

Sorry this option is not helping. 

Customers on a Pay Monthly Contract and choose to let Vodafone send it off from a store to a Repair Centre can ask to have a feature phone as a loan phone. Stock availability allowing. It would be very basic phone and a returnable deposit is normally required. 

Maybe ask family / friends if they have a spare phone sitting in a drawer that's unlocked to all Networks or locked to Vodafone that you can use while yours is looked at.

Current Phone  >

Sadly no one has a phone they can lend me with the same size SIM card. Going to have to go into local shop tomorrow with my dad as its on his family account. 

The Networks offer a plastic SIM card adapter that can make your Micro Sim temporarily into a Standard Sized Sim Card if that helps. 

Hope all goes ok with the shop visit. 

Current Phone  >

Fingers crossed. My dad is not impressed with it especially with my baby due in four weeks

Hi, if you look at other strings on this forum you'll see that this handset is inherently unreliable - despite Vodafone denials. You should demand a different handset.

I refer you to this posting from "HTC mini 2 - always breaking" string on this forum. But there are plenty of others.

"I just want to let other HTC One mini 2 users know that - after much insistence, complaints via various channels and an email to the CEO - I have finally been contacted by someone from the Customer Relations team. They have assured me that next time this phone breaks (since I have just now received yet another new replacement) they will allow me to replace it for a different make and model of the same value.  They have put a detailed note on my file to that effect.  Obviously I cannot test this until the phone breaks again - which we know it will - but I suggest you contact this team on (Removed by Moderator) and demand the same. 

Despite what the reps on this chat say, there IS an issue with this phone, the tech team and the people in store know about it and, from my experience, are pretty embarassed when they have to tell customers there is no process for addressing it.

Hopefully the promise made to me by Customer Relations is an honest one and you can demand the same. How Vodafone go about sorting out their Customer Services and customer experience...? That is another matter because, as it stands, it falls short of the lowest of low expectations"