cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

I Can Hear Them But They Can't Hear Me!?

waiting2lose
4: Newbie
Ok, this has happend at least 8-9 times in 2 days!!

Once connected to a call, the person on the other end of the line is unable to hear me. I have had my phone barely a week, I have done no ROM upgrades or hotfixes and both parties have definately got full signal whilst making the call.

Has anybody else experienced this??

Going to be well pee'd of if my handset is faullty!!
6 REPLIES 6

Retired-Jon_V
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi waiting2lose,

I'm afraid this is not a reported bug, so it does indeed look like the handset is faulty :(

Please see our Repairs thread for instructions on how to arrange a free repair under warranty :)

Jon

eForum Team

starfury
4: Newbie
Ok, this has happend at least 8-9 times in 2 days!!

Once connected to a call, the person on the other end of the line is unable to hear me. I have had my phone barely a week, I have done no ROM upgrades or hotfixes and both parties have definately got full signal whilst making the call.

Has anybody else experienced this??

Going to be well pee'd of if my handset is faullty!!

First things first, have you tried doing a hard-reset of the phone (resetting it to factory defaults).
Secondly try popping the sim card out and giving it a wipe over making sure the contacts on the SIM are all clean.
HTC HD2 - ROM: EnergyROM (CHT2-23148-Nov19) | SPL: HSPL2.08 | Radio: 2.15.50.04
HTC Desire - ROM: Android 2.2 (Froyo) | HTC Official release
HTC Tytn2 - ROM: Ultimate X-2 V10| SPL: 3.34 HardSPL | Radio: 1.71.09.01
HTC Tytn1 - ROM: Schaps 4.31 Full | SPL: 2.10 olipro | Radio: 1.54.07.00

Same here, just got an upgrade for the wife on her contract, she didnt want it soi'm using it, since day 1 i cant be heard, the mic only works with it on speaker phone.

other forums suggest its the noise cancelling mic being over agressive and suggest software updates.

can someone advise what to do? the phone only came out of the box on weds and hasnt worked.

drey_p
16: Advanced member

Hi there

What phone is it that you have upgraded to?  If it isn't working from out of the box, you can arrange an exchange under your 14 day cooling off period.  If you bought the phone in store, take back to the same Vodafone store with the box, accessories and original paperwork and they will be able swap it out.  If you bought the handset online or over the phone through Vodafone telesales, contact customer services on 191 and they will be able to assist you with processing the return.

PWIAC

its a htc on mini 2, like the phone but hearing that lots of people had this issue and even replacements are the same :Sad_face:

drey_p

If you are still in your cooling off period and are having issues with the replacement handset, my advice would be to return the phone and look at another handset. 

PWIAC