You are here:
Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
Andy-D

ICS - HTML Hotmail Messages

Hi,
I am sure that prior to updating to ICS I had HTML email messages from hotmail using exchange... now they are plain text and the option for HTML is greyed out.
Anyone else now having the same problem?
Thanks

Message 1 of 11 (8,781 Views)
Rank 45: Oracle IV
Nabs

Re: ICS - HTML Hotmail Messages

I use the hotmail app to get my emails now.

play.PNG Download the app using the Google Play icon or click here

Find this post useful? Give it the thumbs up below!

Message 2 of 11 (8,779 Views)
Andy-D

Yes, I presume that it as option, but I have 4 email accounts and it would be good to use the stock email client for all of them.

Can anyone confirm my thoughts that HTML was working prior to the ICS update on the stock email clint??

Thanks

Message 3 of 11 (8,762 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
James

Hi Andy-D,

I have just set up a hotmail account on the HTC Sensation with the ICS update and can confirm that I have had no issues receiving an email in full HTML format.

Can I ask exactly what is happening when you get an email that contains HTML coding?

James

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 4 of 11 (8,753 Views)
Andy-D

I had Hotmail set up as an exchange account as I wanted Push Mail. I am still certain that HTML messages were OK before the update with Hotmail on exchange.

I have now set up the account as a POP3 account and yes all is OK with HTML emails..... but its not exchange :-(

As mentioned before, I dont realy want to use mutilple apps for my email when the stock one works fine.

Thanks

Message 5 of 11 (8,747 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
James

Hi Andy-D,

Thanks for the update here.

I have just set up my own hotmail account using the active sync and the option to activate HTML on the exchange hotmail account is greyed out with no way to select the option to change from plain text to HTML.

I have raised this with our devices team to see if there is something that I am missing however in the meantime the only solution would be to use an app as mentioned above or by added the accounts and setting the intervals to every hour.

James

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 6 of 11 (8,738 Views)
Andy-D

James,

Thanks for your reply and confirmation of the problem/change.

I look forward to hearing from you or your "devices team".

cheers

Andy

Message 7 of 11 (8,736 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
James

Hi Andy-D,

Thanks for your patience on this one.

I’m just popping on to let you know that we have been testing this for you and I hope to have an update soon.

James

Message 8 of 11 (8,686 Views)
Andy-D

Great thanks :smileyhappy:

Message 9 of 11 (8,678 Views)
Andy-D

@James

Is there any further news on this issue??

Thanks
Message 10 of 11 (8,595 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Dave

Hi Andy-D,

As James mentioned we have replicated this, and this has now been escalated to HTC for investigation.

In the meantime, we'd suggest setting up hotmail as a POP3 account rather than as an exchange account.

Dave

Message 11 of 11 (8,572 Views)