You are here:
Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
sepulchasm

If We Preorder Should We Get It The Same Day It Hits The Shops?

I went to both vodafone shops in Ipswich this morning. One didn't know when it was coming out just sometime in May. The other said 9th of May.

I thought it was gonna be instore from today? Apparently I was wrong but I think I read it somewhere on here.

They've got it in the Bury St Edmunds store - got it in my hands now!!
Message 21 of 35 (4,562 Views)
Rank 2: First Poster
DaveUK

Ooh Jealous! I keep stalking my inbox :D
Message 22 of 35 (4,562 Views)
Rank 6: Frequent Poster
Maroon

Sooo not fair!!!!  Dont know why I bothered to pre order now.... grrr!!!!

I might cancel and go past the store on my way home....
Message 23 of 35 (4,562 Views)
daz1210

ive been looking at my inbox all day and no e-mail from vodafone saying its been posted... because of the bank holiday i can see us all getting it after tuesday :(
Message 24 of 35 (4,562 Views)
DaveUK

YES! Got a dispatch email just this minute :D
Message 25 of 35 (4,562 Views)
lovejoy232

"The items you ordered from Vodafone have been despatched. They will be delivered to the following address within the next working day"

Hurrah!
Message 26 of 35 (4,562 Views)
Maroon

Just got my confirmation too!!!

Though... the next working day is Tuesday, I dont want to wait until tuesday!!!!!
Message 27 of 35 (4,562 Views)
DaveUK

Just got my confirmation too!!!

Though... the next working day is Tuesday, I dont want to wait until tuesday!!!!!

You sure? Royal Mail Special Delivery work Saturdays.
Message 28 of 35 (4,562 Views)
Maroon

You sure? Royal Mail Special Delivery work Saturdays.

Not sure to be honest.  The e-mail doesnt specify who they are using, if it is Royal Mail then it may well come tomorrow but technically Saturday is not classified as a 'working day'.

Fingers are crossed non the less!!
Message 29 of 35 (4,562 Views)
DaveUK

Not sure to be honest.  The e-mail doesnt specify who they are using, if it is Royal Mail then it may well come tomorrow but technically Saturday is not classified as a 'working day'.

Fingers are crossed non the less!!

I'm just going on what they've used in the past.
Message 30 of 35 (4,562 Views)
dinger19

Woohoo received this today....

nobody@vf.vodafone.co.uk to me
show details 3:21 PM (3 hours ago) Reply

Images are not displayed.
Display images below - Always display images from nobody@vf.vodafone.co.uk
Dear david ,

The items you ordered from Vodafone have been despatched. They will be delivered to the following address within the next working day

Does this mean Saturday or Tuesday.??????
Message 31 of 35 (4,562 Views)
cliche guevara

Royal Mail do do special delivery on Saturdays, but it costs extra. I'm away for the weekend, so if mine is delievered tomorrow then I won't recieve it, which sucks. Hoping it'll be delivered Tuesday, when I have time booked off work to wait for it.
Message 32 of 35 (4,562 Views)
badgaz

When I rang Vodafone on Thursday they told me it would be sent "Saturday delivery" so I should assume it will come tomorrow.
Message 33 of 35 (4,562 Views)
pwdmailinator

Hi everyone,

I've been fuming about this all day, I preordered (as I guess most, if not all posting on here did) I spent long enough waiting for my PAC code from Orange. So got to make an online order confirmed via email on the 23rd (& got an email confirming I'd passed the credit check)

I'd heard the release date was brought forward & called the number on the emails on Wednesday to be told I should expect a call from the online team on Thursday for a same day dispatch & to get a delivery on Friday, this all sounded good & I was very happy!!

I heard nothing all day Thursday so rang up Friday morning, after giving the guy on the other end my name & address details he said "I can finish your order now if you have your PAC code & you can tell me what contract you want". This is news to me as I'd entered all this online so Vodafone should have everything, I didn't have the PAC code with me so he said he'd call back later, I asked about delivery & why I'd not heard from anybody yet & didn't get any sort of satisfactory answer. Had all the details I gave them online not been enough or had they been lost??

So I ring Orange, they text me the PAC code no problem & when the guy from Vodaphone rings me back (was he on commission?? or are the phone sales staff just great??) to finish the order. I asked again why I'd not heard from anyone, I'd preordered over a week ago & given them all the details needed & passed credit checks...etc. I thought I'd get a phone on launch day & have to wait while my number was ported over. Again I didn't really get a satisfactory answer, just that the online system isn't very good!!

An hour or so later someone else rings me from Vodafone asking me how it's all going, it didn't sound like she knew I'd got an order completed over the phone earlier in the day, so I ask, she didn't give much away but I'm afraid I did moan at the poor woman a little. I explain I know it's not her fault but it's not the sort of customer service you expect. Later I get a text confirming a despatch via DPD couriers. (http://www.dpd.co.uk/) I've had no emails since so I guess I'm technically a phone order not an online order now??

What is the deal here, as a new customer moving from another network I'd have thought they'd want to look after me, my first impressions via the web were good, why have they not tried to contact & get phones out for launch, like others have said I could have gone to the shops first thing this morning & have my phone in my hand!! I repeatedly asked & didn't get an answer, there's no way to get a delivery on Saturday so I'm waiting until Tuesday for my phone!! I suppose you could argue I should have rang on Thursday but surely I shouldn't be chasing them for this?? Was the second call from the woman a follow up from my online order & I'd have had the same process I followed with the guy??

I'm a bit miffed as you can probably tell, I was very careful not to have a go at anyone on the phone, I know it's not their problem & I know people in that sort of job get a lot of grief they don't deserve. I've heard nothing about Saturday deliveries & it's getting shipped to my billing address so I either won't be in (they couldn't redirect to my workplace) or I have to have a day off. It's just frustrating that I preordered but have gained nothing (I'm not touching a 24 month contract either so the £5 off means nothing), if I'd have know I wouldn't have bothered & gone to a store!!

Anyway, I'm still looking forward to getting my Magic on Tuesday & hope the Vodafone signal is better than I've been getting on my Sony Ericsson W880i on Orange!! :D
Message 34 of 35 (4,562 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
MatC

Hi pwdmailinator,

It looks like there has been a fair amount of confusion over the pre-order process, so I can only apologise for the delay in you getting your handset through and the multiple conversations you've had to have today.

I believe that a back-office team would have been processing all of the pre-orders yesterday (1st May), however I think in your case, you'd already rang and ordered the device through our Telesales team before they'd reached you. I'm only guessing as I can't see your records, however I think that the lady you spoke to was probably a member of the team responsible for processing your pre-order - as she would have seen from your account that an order had already gone through, hence the call to check you were sorted.

We don't tend to deal a massive amount with Sales here at the eForum, so we've not been told when the pre-orders are due to be delivered, however from the sounds of it you might be getting your device at the same time as everyone else i.e. next Tuesday (incidentally that's when mines being delivered as well, we don't get any priority treatment :)).

Of course there is the point that you could have picked the device up from store, however we wouldn't have been able to guarantee you could get hold of one that way, as the stores don't tend to carry much stock of each device and the demand for this particular handset is sure to be extremely high - at least with the pre-order you're guaranteed to get one, even if you have to wait a few days (trust me, I'm as anxious to get started with it as you) ;)

Overall I'm really sorry that you've had these problems, we've only recently started running pre-orders so I'm not sure whether some things still need ironing out a little, however I appreciate your patience with this and I'd like to assure you that we're here to help if you've got any further queries at all - just give us a shout.

PS I'm positive the signal will be better and you'll love the HTC Magic - just a hunch!

All the best,

MatC
eForum Team
Message 35 of 35 (4,562 Views)