You are here:
Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
Musicalsphere

Initail Charge Time...

Am really excited to have my new 'HTC One X'!!!

But before I start, am wondering what people think about intial charging time.

Some say that you only need charge until the battery is full, but some say that an intial 16 hour charge makes the battery last longer. Is this still the case with the 'One X'? Is there any danger of the battery over charging? What have people been doing?

Message 1 of 7 (6,545 Views)
craftycarper

Re: Initail Charge Time...

I'm pretty sure the battery can't be over charged, i had mine on charge initially for about 4 or 5 hours to full (read: shown green light) charge.

Message 2 of 7 (6,540 Views)
Rank 2: First Poster
junitrules

As my microsim hasnt been activated yet my one x has been on charge since 2pm when I received it... the green light came on ages ago (about 4:30pm)....

Message 3 of 7 (6,527 Views)
craftycarper

Once you get over the initial "new phone" syndrome you should be able to get some good battery usage........i have tried a couple of different scenarios, and at the moment my battery is at 50% with 23 hours on battery time, although this has been from very light use today.

Standby time is very good, but if you use the phone as a gaming machine/browsing tool etc etc the battery will be eaten away quickly.

It's been 5 days since i had mine, and first charge was gone in about 4 or 5 hours........although that was with constant use, and no signal so the phone was always searching......reducing battery, since then i have managed 1 day 5 hours with what i would call medium use.......and looking good at the moment for decent figures on "light" use.

Message 4 of 7 (6,522 Views)
Musicalsphere

Thanks guys! Ended up doing a 9 hour charge.  Really enjoying exploring what this phone can do!! :-)

Message 5 of 7 (6,476 Views)
Rank 3: Occasional Poster
DazNoonan

I've heard lots of different reports about how long you should let the phone charge for etc... and there really is nothing that documents in the box that gets delivered. I left my first one until the light came on; which took around 2 hours. My replacement has just arrived and is currently on charge so will see how long that takes.

Many people are saying leave it for 6/7 hours; but again no confirmation of a time has been given.
Message 6 of 7 (6,439 Views)
Rank 3: Occasional Poster
DazNoonan

I ended up taking the phone off charge after around 4.5 hours, and its currently got 9% battery left that is with a screen on-time of 3 hours and 40 mins. I have been doing lots on it really so can't complain.

Just going to use a little more of the battery and will then be placing it on charge for the night and taking it off at around 6:30am so its likely to be plugged in for 7 hours. That should give it a nice topup :smileyhappy:
Message 7 of 7 (6,421 Views)