Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Internet Settings update text

Hannahrb94
3: Seeker
3: Seeker
Hi,

I recently upgraded from the Samsung S2 to the HTC One M8, I received a message saying I needed to update my internet settings to continue using my internet, the message stated that the messages to do so would follow. Unfortunately I have received another 3 of these messages but none about updating my internet settings, could someone please help as my phone will not pick up 3G even though I have that marked in my settings

Thanks
4 REPLIES 4

drey_p
16: Advanced member

Hi there

You can get the configuration text sent through to your device by texting the word WEB to 40127.  Within a few minutes you will get the "It looks like you've swapped your SIM..." text and the configuration text will follow shortly after. 

PWIAC

I did that and still have not received any other message

drey_p

Try entering the settings manually.  You can find a step by step guide on how to do that here

PWIAC

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

These days, the settings often install by themselves, so you never actually see anything.  It's also worth going into Settings|Mobile Data (and possibly More) and seeing if the option to "get settings from service provider" is there.  if it is, it'll pull them down.  If it isn't, it means they should be there.  You should also be able to check them in the same part of the menu.