Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

London Underground WiFI

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I'm having issues connecting to the Virgin Media WiFi on the London Underground. I've tried a few times on various days and it never works.

I can connect to the hotspot and when I click on the Vodafone icon, I get presented with a login. If I type with wrong username and/or password, I get an error message saying that. When I type in the correct username and password though, it just comes up with an error message saying there are issues with the wifi.

Other people seem to be connecting find, so I'm wondering whether it is my phone or my account. I have a HTC One M8 and am on a Business contract.

Thanks,

Nick

7 REPLIES 7

Retired-Matt_B
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Nick,

Some business accounts do not have the ability to connect to the hotspots used on the Underground.

We can certainly have a look at your account to check if you can -  take a look here for how to get in touch.

If the account is set up correctly, your phone should automatically connect to the "vodafonewifi" hotspot.

We aim to reply to emails within 48 hours. If you need a quicker response, please visit our Contact us page.

Thanks,

Matt B

I'm having a problem connecting to the London Undreground Wifi.

I use my "MyVodafone"  username and password but it still won't connect.

I tried calling customer services but was re-routed to some company called 151 or something who didn't have a clue what to do.

Help!!

I think I may have answered my own question. Firstly I hadn't completed the registration by 'confirming' my email address. So I had to complete that first. Then, as someone suggested, I changed my MyVodafone password to a new password. Together they appear to have worked and I can now log in using my MyVodafone username (i.e. my newly confirmed email address) and my (new) MyVodafone password.

vegreenwood
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
Please can someone respond to the open report number INC000001314240 regarding access to WiFi services. Despite chasing up on this it has not been resolved in ~2 months and my follow up emails get ignored.
regards
Vicki

Hi @vegreenwood,

So that we can look into this further please have a chat with our Live help team.

Thanks,

Matt B

quadranoid
1: Seeker

Hi,

I'm also having a similar issue, and have tried at several stations. My phone's (HTC One M8 on monthly contract) Wifi is able to find and connect to every other Wifi network I've tried.

When I select Vodafone Wifi in the Wifi settings, it just says "connecting" but never does connect or allow internet access.

When I try to access using Virgin Media, select Vodafone and then enter my Vodafone username and password, I get a message saying "Sorry, we've encountered an error and you have not been signed in", which is a diferent message to the one I get when I deliberately enter an incorrect password.

My Vodafone username and password work fine for the Vodafone app and logging in to my account on vodafone.co.uk.

I have screen shots that I've tried to attach to this message.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@quadranoid 

See information on how to connect on the London Underground WiFi.

We'll also check that the account is provisioned correctly if you contact Live help.

DaveCD