Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

M8 or M9

chrisw99
4: Newbie

My M7 contract is up in 3 weeks, I absolutely love the M7 and would have gone SIM only to save costs if it wasn't for the fact the pink camera issue now is so bad the front camera is unusable and my external microphone is broke so I get no sound on videos and can't do hands free.

I am tempted by the M9, but I think the fact I could upgrade to the M8 at probably a cheaper monthly fee than I currently pay for the M7 is swaying me towards the M8.   Also I think I have suffered with the pink camera because I was an early adopter of the M7 before they realised and fixed its faults.  As the M9 is new who knows what faults are lurking and the M8 should be tried and tested by now.

Considering I'm perfectly happy with the M7 and am only upgrading because it's broken, is there any killer reason why I should pick the M9 over the M8?

12 REPLIES 12

hrym
17: Community Champion

If you're going for the M8, do it quickly!   At that price, it sounds as though it may be discontunued and they're selling off remaining stock.

The M9 is undoubtedly the better device, and has already had an update the M8 hasn't (not much difference, tbh*).   However, is it worth an extra £22 a month?   Hmmm.

* The main one I've spotted is configurable navigation buttons.

@hrym wrote:

If you're going for the M8, do it quickly!   At that price, it sounds as though it may be discontunued and they're selling off remaining stock.

I think you are right, at first the chap told me they only had the M8s available at £29, but when I said online it was showing the M8 at £22 he went away and came back and said they were no longer available but it is back in stock.

I arranged it via live chat late morning, but I have had no emails, texts, or any other kind of confirmation.  How am I supposed to track my upgrade without a reference/order?

hrym

Check your spam folder as all kinds of stuff can land up there.  If that draws a blank, go back to Live Help as they should be able to trace the order from yur other details.  It's a while since I upgraded, but I seem to remember the phone arrived before any communication, but had paperwork with it.