Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Mobile Data, Please Help!!!!!!!

Frazz2318
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have been having problems for 3 months now with my mobile data on my HTC One M8 (Only had my contract 3 months). Icon at the top of the phone shows that I have 4g/3g/E connection, and the up arrow is always showing, but the down one is not... 

When I first got the phone, it worked perfectly, and now, nothing at all. Even when I go to different places, towns and city's, which I know have good 4g signal, it doesn't work.

I have tried phoning Vodafone, gone through APN settings about ten times now with nothing working... Was told to go in store to send my phone off to be fixed, ended up coming out with the phone being told its my account and told to wait for someone to text me telling me its been fixed. Not heard anything and its been a month..

This is really starting to get on my nerves, understandably, I think, and no one from Vodafone is actually helping me?!

Hopefully one of you guys can!

Thanks in advance

5 REPLIES 5

hrym
17: Community Champion

I've never taken too much notice of which arrows appear - if there's evidence of activity, it's normally working.  Does this happen with all connections (ie 4/3/2G), or just one?

Can you limit the device to 2 & 3G (look in Settings|Mobile data) and see if that fixes it, at least on a temporary basis?

Its on everything. 4g/H/3g/E/2g

I have tried limiting it to just 3g/2g, again, nothing!

hrym

Does it happen in more than one location?   It might be worth having a look at the network status checker to see if there's a known issue in your area.  If the icon is lighting up, the phone is trying to connect.

Yeah happens everywhere I go.

My work colleague is also with Vodafone and has excellent 4g coverage when he is sat next to me and I get nothing....

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Frazz2318 

I'd try checking for any software updates first. You can do this via:

• Settings
  • About
  • Software updates

If there's nothing due, a factory reset can help. Just be sure to back up your data first. You can find out how to do this in our Device help section.

If you need us to check data is set up on your line, please come and speak to us on Live help.

Thanks,

Ben