Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

My HTC one has got damp, what are my options

Madalaina
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

My HTC one has got a little damp from being in a humid place on holiday and has stopped working. Am trying the rice thing but if I can't bring it back to life, what are my options as I still have 9m to go on contract

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

@Madalaina

Without insurance for water damage and being in commitment with so long to go before your are eligible for an upgrade at a subsided cost, your options are going to be limited to the following.

1. Pay off the contract with a 2% discount and minus the VAT which will leave you free to negotiate a upgrade which will include a new phone.

2. But a replacement at your own expense and change to SIM only when the contract reaches its minimum term and save money.

3. Send the phone off for repair to HTC and see if there is anything which can be done.  

View solution in original position

2 REPLIES 2

AnnS

@Madalaina

Without insurance for water damage and being in commitment with so long to go before your are eligible for an upgrade at a subsided cost, your options are going to be limited to the following.

1. Pay off the contract with a 2% discount and minus the VAT which will leave you free to negotiate a upgrade which will include a new phone.

2. But a replacement at your own expense and change to SIM only when the contract reaches its minimum term and save money.

3. Send the phone off for repair to HTC and see if there is anything which can be done.  

BandOfBrothers
  1. Check any household insurance. 
  2. Check with your bank as some do give cover as part of the features of the account. 
  3. Sell the phone as a non working model and use the funds to pay for a phone from the Vodafone shop from their Payg range.
  4. Visit CEX which is a shop on the HighStreet. Take your SIM card and test the phone with it in before buying it. 

Check T&C regarding insurance or bank account and Excess Fee's may apply. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.