Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

New service configuration message every time phone is turned on

Ben_W
3: Seeker
Guys,

Every time I turn my phone on, I get the little white round icon in the notifications bar with the exclamation mark in the middle, telling me there is a new service configuration or very similar. Opening the notification doesn't appear to do anything.

I'm also getting occasional issues with messages. I'll write one and send it and exit messages. Sometimes, the message will not send until I go back into messages at which point the message sends.

Seems to have been occurring since the lollipop update. Haven't done a factory reset (which I suspect you will tell me to do..!) Shouldn't really have to do one really, should work properly without it...

Any ideas?
5 REPLIES 5

Ben_W
I should also mention that on occasion I'm getting massive battery drain and the phone won't receive calls or texts. Switching off then on again seems to resolve the issue but again , why?

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion

A factory reset is almost always advised after a major Android update, especially on Samsung devices but other manufacturers are subject to this advice as well.

It will probably solve all of your problems.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

thesoupdragon

Hi Ben

The Lollipop update is a huge system change, with new Bootloader and kernel etc...

Small incremental updates shouldn't need a factory reset but major firmware changes should always be accompaied by a reset in my opinion.

It helps to clear out old system files and give you a fresh start!

I would definitely do that first, see how it goes?

Ben_W
Just to update this.....

Finally managed to back up everything on my phone, photos mostly and did the factory reset.

Pleased to say it does appear to have fixed all the issues I was getting. Service config message gone, no issues with texting and battery life is much, much better. Phone is quicker too.

Thanks guys

ajaytaylor
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
Wait til you get the enhancements update to android you will get the same message and problems. I am now so guess it's another factory reset in the pipeline. Think voda need to keep up with the program so it doesn't keep happening