Support:

HTC

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
sullywales

Nexus MMS

Hi before I start I have searched the forum and read all the previous entries about mms, and although similar I cannot find a thread that matches the problems that I am having....

Ive had the phone about 3mths and am still unable to send/recieve mms with my vodafone sim. However when I place my sim in my older samsung phone I can send/recieve mms to myself etc, which to me suggests phone@fault.

When I put my wifes orange sim into my nexus I can send/recieve mms ok, which to me suggests phone Ok.

I have tried my sim using handcent, and wth wifi turned off but to no avail.

I keep getting the "sending" message or the "downloading" message but nothing happens, I have noticed though that once I try to send a mms I lose my 3G signal on the phone and it never comes back on untill I power down, this does not happen with my wifes sim inserted. It seems to me that there is a problem with the compatibility of my vodafone sim and the nexus. I have tried the apn settings,factory resetting and upgrading the firmware but no joy!!

Any thoughts and responses would be greatly appreciated, as Im not sure who to take the matter further with i.e. Vodafone or Google.

Cheers Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 9 (3,709 Views)
Rank 4: Established Poster
chamblin

Re: Nexus MMS

Have you tried a 3rd party app such as Handcent to see if this makes any difference?

Chris

Message 2 of 9 (3,695 Views)
Moo123

What APN setting have you selected? Is the sim new or not? What firmware have you got on the phone?
Message 3 of 9 (3,686 Views)
sullywales

Yes I have tried handcent, and it makes no difference at all.
Its the sim I had with the phone about 3mths ago. It never worked when I was on vodafones firmware, and still doesn`t now. Currently I am on FRG83D
Message 4 of 9 (3,672 Views)
Moo123

What is your APNS setting on make sure its on Vodafone UK

Message 5 of 9 (3,665 Views)
Rank 6: Frequent Poster
mickfarrar

My Nexus (with Cyanogenmod 6.1 Rom) sends MMS on VF with the following settings:

APN: Internet

Username: web

Password: web

MMSC: http://mms.vodafone.co.uk/servlets/mms

MMS Proxy: 212.183.137.012
MMS Port: 8799

MCC: 234

MNC: 15

APN Type: default,supl,mms

This thread shows that MMS seems to be a black art on VF.

Mick

We have been notified that you have posted content to the Vodafone eForum, which is in violation of the Vodafone eForum Terms and Conditions.
Message 6 of 9 (3,652 Views)
Rank 18: Instructor II
FelixDaHousecat

I'm on FRG83D and have no such problems. That'll rule out firmware.

APN: Internet

Username: web

Password: web

MMSC: http://mms.vodafone.co.uk/servlets/mms

MMS Proxy: 212.183.137.012 (change this to 212.183.137.12)
MMS Port: 8799

MCC: 234

MNC: 15

APN Type: default,supl,mms

Let me know how you get on

FDH

Message 7 of 9 (3,636 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Martin

Hi sullywales

Welcome to the eForum :smileyvery-happy: it is always good to see new faces on here.

I does look like you have tried many things, and it really does sound crazy that this isn;t working on the Nexus.

I would try the advise given above, thanks for this guys :smileyvery-happy:

If that hasn't worked I would get a new SIM card by calling into store or calling 191, this should help, and if not it does rule this out.

Then I would send the phone away for repair.

Please let us know how you get on with the above options

Martin

eForum Team

Message 8 of 9 (3,632 Views)
sullywales

Hi guys thanks for all your suggestions and sorry for the late reply, I have been working nights last few nights. Anyway all working now I did another factory reset,and this time its working even without using handcent. Just doesn't make sense I know. Thanks again guys really appreciate your advice.
Message 9 of 9 (3,594 Views)