Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No 4g signal on HTC ONE with new price plan

xsive33
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

I've just purchased a new sim only plan with 4g.

I have a HTC One, the 4g signal is fine in the house according to other Vodafone users in the household but I'm not receiving any 4g on my phone in any location at any time.

I've swapped my sim over with the wife's phone and I still didn't have a 4g signal. 

Any ideas?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hrym
17: Community Champion

In answer to your last (implied) question: yes.   Your number is associated with your account and you won't lose it.  When the new SIM arrives, you'll need to activate it and I always find Live Chat to be the most reliable method.

It's correct that this could be the phone, the SIM or the network.   If a new SIM doesn't do the trick, post back here and the forum team can make sure that 4G is provisioned on your account correctly.  If it isn't, they can get it done.  if it is, then we've ruled out the SIM and the networks, so it must be the phone.

View solution in original position

4 REPLIES 4

hrym

OK, to start with the blindingly obvious: I assume you have 4G/LTE turned on in Settings?  If you do, it's possible that the service hasn't been provisioned on your account properly.  Talk to Live Chat and see if they can do anything and post back here if they can't as the Tech Team will be able to get it sorted for you.

Hi,

Yes, it's highlighted on 2g/3g/4g Auto.

I've spoken to one of the technical team last week (through live chat) who said there wasn't anything they could do and that I should speak to HTC!

I went into my local Vodafone shop yesterday and was told that as they hadn't sold the package to me I should call Vodafone again. Yeah, really helpful.

I was in contact again with live chat yesterday for over an hour trying to convince them the 4g signal and my phone are ok (my wife's 4g phone with Vodafone contract works but my sim in her phone doesn't.). 

They're going to send me a new sim card FOC to see if that works. I hope I can still keep my old number!

I'll let you know how I get on.

Cheers.

hrym

In answer to your last (implied) question: yes.   Your number is associated with your account and you won't lose it.  When the new SIM arrives, you'll need to activate it and I always find Live Chat to be the most reliable method.

It's correct that this could be the phone, the SIM or the network.   If a new SIM doesn't do the trick, post back here and the forum team can make sure that 4G is provisioned on your account correctly.  If it isn't, they can get it done.  if it is, then we've ruled out the SIM and the networks, so it must be the phone.

I received my new sim today, got it activated and............YES, it works. Speedy 4g at last!

A bit long-winded but we got there in the end.

Thanks for your help.