Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No internet for 2 1/2 weeks now

turbomonkey22
2: Seeker

Can somebody on this forum please help me?

I have been without the internet on my HTC mini one phone now for 2 1/2 weeks, I have phone numerous times & been told "we are dealing with it as there seems to be a problem with your APN settings at our end".

Can it be that hard to sort out my APN settings?

Can somebody give me an idea how long this will take, as I have to carry 2 phones with me at the moment for my work commitments as I need the internet.

24 REPLIES 24

redpages
17: Community Champion

Hi. Apologies if Vodafone have already told you to do this but have you tried to reinstall the settings from scratch? You can do this with the 'send settings by text' link on the following help page - HTC One Mini.

I'd also look to narrow down if it's a settings problem with how the phone is configured or the SIM card / network itself.  A Vodafone retail store would be one suggestion where they could try a different SIM in the handset and confirm if it's device related or down to the SIM / network. 

Vodafone customer since 2004. Attempting to help where I can on the Community

Thanks for the reply, tried resending the settings & it makes no difference.

We tried my wifes sim in the phone & it works fine, so its definately something to do with my sim settings.

hrym

In that case, the next thing to try would be a new SIM.  A Vodafone shop can give you one and also activate it for you.  If that doesn't work, then I suspect an issue with your account.

I have been given the new white sim by my local vodafone shop & it make no difference.

Hi turbomonkey22,

So that we can look into this further, take a look here for how to get in touch.

We aim to reply to emails within 48 hours. If you need a quicker response, please visit our Contact us page.

Thanks,

Matt B

I have been into the Vodafone shop with ID as requested, been given a new sim but I still have no internet!!

Can you look into this for me again please.

Another issue I have is that I cannot access my online account, I seem to be locked out.

hrym

Are you contract or PAYG?  My understanding was that white SIMs only work with the latter.  Could that be the problem?

turbomonkey22
I am on contract.
The Vodafone shop put in a new sim over the weekend & activated it, they know it is on contract & it was still a white that was put in.
I am guessing they are all white now?

hrym

I'm not sure.  It would be useful if the team could confirm.