Support:

HTC

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
danbann

Re: No signal on HTC sensation

After well over a year of problems with my HTCs (2 desires and 1

sensation) with regard to poor connection to the internet, I have now bought a second hand iPhone 4 and guess what???? my internet has never been as quick!!! So Vodafone, could you please confirm you have read this post, to save me ringing them?? I feel cheated by the contract I had taken on, with a handset which is very poor. Will anything come of this?? I doubt it...............

Message 161 of 173 (3,678 Views)
Tech Team
Jenny

Hi danbann,

Thanks for your post.

So that we can look into this, I’ve sent you a quick PM. Please follow the instructions on the PM and one of our team will be able to take a look at your issue in more detail.

Thanks,

Jenny

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 162 of 173 (3,640 Views)
eggster71

Just to add my name to the list I had a desire HD that had this issue, on the advice of a spotty manager at the South end on sea store I had to buy myself out of my contract to upgrade to a Sensation which I was assured had dealt with all the issues I'd had with the desire.....quiet alerts and ringtone, poor reception etc etc. Lying little ****!
This was about 15 months ago so I've had to suffer it as I work away and didn't get the opportunity to cancel the new contract.
Message 163 of 173 (3,536 Views)
Christinarobo

Only just realised this forum existed .....

I have had such a nightmare with my HTC Sensation, think I have had 2 new handsets, and then been in for repair approx 6-7 times because of no signal at home and local area and hit & miss everywhere else too...

This month I have paid £43, used 3 mins of calls, 55 txts and 1mb of data, this is how it is most months, yet my landline bill sky high too because I end up having to make calls at home from that to mobiles as my phone has no signal !!

Am so fed up of taking it back, they say the same thing everytime and it comes back the same every time, just feel like a total waste of money, my daughter has the Desire and had similar problems, but not as bad as mine !! Just wish I could just leave Vodafone, I thought it was the coverage in this area but since spotting this maybe the handset ...

My contract doesn't end till Sept & I thought I was on a 2yr contract, but when I look at the paperwork, I am on a 27 month contract, how does that happen ?? Got my daughters phone at same time, she is on 24 mth contract !!

my husband has recently blown his top at them after being nice month after month after month, they say I can upgrade early but am too scared to upgrade and then get into all this again, where i am tied in and a total waste of money !! I just feel the best option is to leave Vodafone but say £220 to get out of contract, that's just on mine, we have 4 mobiles with them, my Mum & Dad's too ...

Feel like we have got no chance because they just don't listen ....

Message 164 of 173 (3,205 Views)
danbann

I feel your pain. As I have said before, I have got shut of mine and now have a used iPhone 4. Since, I have had much less problems and my Internet connection has been much better. I advise you to do the same. Then when the contract is up.....bye bye vodafone. No tears will be lost, even after 15yrs of being with them.
Message 165 of 173 (3,190 Views)
Tech Team
Sukhi

Hi Christinarobo

Welcome to the eForum it’s a shame it’s not under better circumstances.

It sounds like I need to take a closer look at you account to see why these issues have occurred. I’ve popped you a PM if you could reply back I’ll be in touch.

In regards to signal could you try our network troubleshooting steps here?

You can find your PM inbox here. If you can't access this link, please ensure that the box next to "Turn on private messages" is ticked on this page, and let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks

Sukhi

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 166 of 173 (3,086 Views)
Christinarobo

I received the private message and think I sent the information that you asked for ..... maybe I didn't, wasn't sure how to add the link etc, that was a few days ago and haven't heard from you via e-mail ..

I am still having the same problems, my latest handset is going up the wall, phone turns off if I try to take a photo, the battery might last an hour when fully charged if I try and do anything, when txting, it keeps jumping to a list of network providers every time I try to type a word, same old signal issues, so sick of going back in time after time !!

Message 167 of 173 (3,043 Views)
Tech Team
Ben_H

Hi Christinarobo,

Thanks for the heads up. If your email was sent, you would have received an auto-reply. In the subject along with the code we asked you to use to reach our team will be an 8 digit reference number. It'll look something like (#12345678). Can you let me know the number and I'll check our queues for you.

If you didn't get an auto-reply then I'm afraid we didn't receive an email. If that's the case, please follow the instructions from the PM sent here to submit a fresh message and we'll get back to you ASAP to help sort this out. :smileywink:

Cheers, Ben

Message 168 of 173 (2,999 Views)
Christinarobo

Thanks Ben, now realise I musn't of sent it as didn't press send on the last page ...... ooops

Have sent details again now !!

Message 169 of 173 (2,985 Views)
wjonesw

Finally coming to the end of my contract with Vofafone (can leave in May but option to upgrade next week). The question is, do I put this very bad experience to this particular hand set and just upgrade to a different phone or wait until May and look for another provider. I suppose I'm that close that I could even pay off the rest of my contract and leave. Anyone changed phone and are now happy? The Sensation has just been a nightmare!
Message 170 of 173 (2,776 Views)
Christinarobo

Hi, I had 18mths of hell with the Sensation, sadly it wasn't till my husband went bonkers that they seemed to listen .... We just wanted another handset to try to confirm that it was the handset, but no joy, after kicking off they reduced my contract from 2 yrs to 18mths so I could upgrade early, but by this time I had lost all confidence so payed to leave a month early and have moved to O2 which I did through Tesco, much cheaper and such a difference to have a signal at home and a handset that does what it is supposed to do !! Good luck .....
Message 171 of 173 (2,761 Views)
danbann

I plan to leave, irrelevant of the garbage handset, it's more of the poor treatment from vodafone. I have bought a used iPhone 4 which I now use, and its been great, proving the htc handset'S (note the capital S) I had were at fault. I then sold that bag of........rubbish! A move to 3 is on the cards for me, same as my wife (an ex long serving vodafone customer). They have really good deals and seem to be good for signals. Really can't wait.
Message 172 of 173 (2,747 Views)
Tech Team
Sukhi

Hi wjonesw

Welcome to the eForum :smileyhappy: If you're looking to upgrade feel free to get in touch with our @VodafoneUKDeals guys! :smileyhappy:

danbann - We don't want to see you leave, if there is anything that we can do to change your mind please let us know :smileyhappy:

Thanks

Sukhi

Message 173 of 173 (2,710 Views)