Support:

HTC

Ask a question:
Rank 6: Frequent Poster
Blinkie

Re: No signal on HTC sensation

I was sent a refurbished handset, as mine "couldnt be fixed within a reasonable time." The replacement is certainly better so it's worth considering sending it away. B
Message 62 of 173 (9,452 Views)
Rank 1: Guest
Baldman666

Hi everyone I just had to say that I to made the "mistake" of getting an HTC Sensation when they first came out in June 2011. I don't think I have ever been more disappointed with a purchase! I have been on Vodafone for 12+ years and never had a signal problem whilst at home, but once I got the Sensation I started noticing "no service" or very poor signal that also disappeared upon picking the phone up! Unfortunately I didn't realise this until I was past the "7 day return" period. Anyway I had the sim replaced but it made bugger all difference. My local Vodafone shop did suggest I send the phone away for "Repair" but if there was no problem found I would probably get a refurbished replacement! As the phone was new I didn't want a secondhand replacement! So I chose to ignore it and put up with it until mid December, when one day I was with a couple of friends when their phones rang (at a location where I had no signal) and they were both on Vodafone!! I decided there & then to get rid of this "Sensational" piece of Crap! I sold my HTC Sensation and my previous HTC Desire on a phone recycling site online and went to my local Vodafone shop and bought a Samsung Galaxy S2. The difference is like "chalk & cheese" I now get a good signal at home, when out and about and at places I didn't have a signal before all with the same sim card that was in my Sensation!! I WILL NEVER PURCHASE ANOTHER HTC PRODUCT THEY ARE OBVIOUSLY POORLY MADE WITH INFERIOR PARTS, IN A WORD ........... CRAP!!!!!!
Message 63 of 173 (9,339 Views)
electronicpunk

My Sensation has an enter key.
Message 64 of 173 (9,268 Views)
harlowrog

LOL
Message 65 of 173 (9,235 Views)
Stoney

Well - I'm satisfied now.

VF received my letter of complaint, I've ended my contract, given the phone back and I now have an S2 with another provider. I'm not going to return to VF ever again after all this hassle.

Honestly, it's so nice to have signal each time I look at my phone!

Message 66 of 173 (9,155 Views)
Tech Team
DaveCD

[ Edited ]

Hi everyone.

I have been informed that there is a new software update for the HTC Sensation and that the team have tested this with greatly increased results.

Please can you ensure you are running the latest software and let me know that you see an improvement.

We have a step by step guide on our Help Centre should you require assistance.

Many Thanks

DaveCD

eForum Team

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 67 of 173 (9,100 Views)
Lithril

I'm running:

Android 2.3.4

Software Number: 1.50.161.1

Phone saying I've got the latest updates.

No improvement on signal quality.

Cheers

Matt

Message 68 of 173 (9,096 Views)
philip_jones68

Same.....what software update????

Got me all excited!

Thought I may at last be able to look at my Sensation and it not say "no coverage"

:-(

Message 69 of 173 (9,089 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Lee

Hey guys,

Thanks for your posts.

@ Lithril - The firmware version you are on is the latest approved version from Vodafone.

Can all contributors confirm their software versions for me please?

Cheers,

Lee

Message 70 of 173 (9,066 Views)
Rank 2: First Poster
msdl28712

[ Edited ]

Android 2.3.4

Software Number: 1.50.161.1

thought we had all siad earlier that we was on the newest firmware version and have been seen the end of last year.

so the support teams have took this long to ask what version we are on what have they been doing

This has gone on long enough for me

Marc

Message 71 of 173 (8,986 Views)
Joshuabowman

I have had the signal problems since i got this phone in Sep but it was not horrible. In the last 7-10 days i can't get a signal at all. It will flash 3 bars for a moment and then will go to no signal. When I travel to a high speed data area I no longer get the H as well, I only get full service for E but no H. If there was a update then mine gets less of a signal now. I have tried turning the phone off and hard reset with no help to signal. time to go to a store and turn it in.

Android version: 2.3.4

HTC Sence version: 3.0

Software number: 1.50.161.1
Message 72 of 173 (8,919 Views)
chrisw99

I recently flashed the radio baseband firmware to 10.58.9035.00U_10.15.9035.02_2  (you can see your version in About->Software->More.

I was on 10.56.9035.00U_10.14.9035.01 before that.

I am definately getting improved signal now, just seems a lot more solid. I can't remember ever having a "no signal" since.

I think I was on the version from the 1.45.401.2 firmware originally (latest Sensation Gingerbread release), and the version I put on is from the 1.72.401.1 RUU.

In plain English I've put the Sensation XE radio firmware onto my Sensation.

The good news here is that if it really has improved, and not just my imagination, then it's not a hardware only issue and can be improved with new firmware.  The Ice Cream Sandwich release will probably have yet another version, so upgrading to that when available may help a lot of you.

Message 73 of 173 (8,878 Views)
Tech Team
Wayne

Hi msdl28712 and Joshuabowman

Thanks for that, as soon as we have a couple more examples we’ll get this raised.

Thanks

Wayne

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 74 of 173 (8,863 Views)
TomKelly

Well, here's another instance.  Had signal problems since day one on my sensation.  Eventually had to get the sure signal box at home which helps there but it seems anywhere else I go It's pot luck what my signal will be like.  No signal at all at my girlfriends flat in the centre of London!  I too am running the 'latest' software, although that is quite outdated compared to what HTC are pushing out themselves.

Message 75 of 173 (8,847 Views)
Tech Team
James

Hey TomKelly,

Our devices team have looked in this for us and have advised that you should see a difference on 1.50.161.31 with the ability to pick up 3G signal.

Can you confirm that it is this version that you are currently on.

James

Message 76 of 173 (8,812 Views)
djcatcheckanote

Re: No signal on HTC sense hd

Well now,  after 3 new HTC sense hd handsets and 1 recon set, at least 5 new simcards and 2 new sure signal units,, I have still got  a smart phone that is so dumb that if lucky and the phone is held at  precisly 65 degrees south by 7.5 degrees west, and at a 30' tilt to the vertical i can get about 2-3 signal bars up. but if I move it by about 5mm in any direction, all is lost. so after 12 months on a busiess tariff with 600 mins a month, i have never used any where near that in any month and the 150 min aberage that voda say i have used is from home not office, and nearly all in the evening at home on fairly lengthy calls to my ill brother on his landline.

reset done on weds this week and was promise alll would be perfect by dominic at voda, who also promised to call me back to confirm the next day. never happened, like so many return call promises made by voda, who i have been with for  over 20 years. 

to say i am alittle peed off  is an understatement,

Message 77 of 173 (8,773 Views)
Tech Team
Dave

Re: No signal on HTC sense hd

[ Edited ]

Hi djcatcheckanote,

I'm disappointed to hear about the experience you've had and that you did not get the callback you were promised.

With the number of different handsets and SIM cards, I'd suspect the local signal, however you then mention the Sure Signals as well, which would seem to suggest everything has been covered.

So that we can get a better idea, can you advise the following for me?

- What was happening with the Sure Signals? For example, what was the light pattern, and was it the same with each?

- Were these based at work or at home?

- Does the signal issue recur everywhere, or just at these locations?

- What is the work postcode so we can check the coverage situation?

I'm confident we can help with this for you.

Dave

Message 78 of 173 (8,736 Views)
faarn

Hi

You can add me to the list of customers whose signal goes from 3 bars to no signal and back sparodically.  I have tried my sim in other smart phones and no signal loss at all so suggests a problem with the Sensation itself. A friend has a custom rom on his and the signal is much better with my sim in his phone.

There are a large number of people complaining about this now so surely Vodafone need to recognise this and do something about it.  I hope ICS update will sort this out but I won't hold my breath.  A waste of £35 a month really.

Oh, my saftware is: 1.50.161.1

Message 79 of 173 (8,564 Views)
Rank 2: First Poster
azzledazzle

Ok so I like many others have terrible signal on my HTC Sensation, I know this to be a design fault with the antennas on the back cover, However it seems to be mostly vodafone customers with this issue than any other network provider. 

This is my second HTC Sensation and my Second SIM card... This issue wont go away. I tried to get a Sure signal box but was told this was going to cost me £50 !!!! 

This is ridiculous... I have a Galaxy S with vodafone and the signal is excellent.. 

Just google the issue to see how massive it is. 

I would like this resolved, I am paying £30 a month for this phone which i cannot use, And i have another 15+ months left on my contract. 

Surely someone at vodafone can help me with this ??? 

I would like a sure signal box for free, Or at least even discounted, I have been a vodafone customer for a very long time.. Surely my custom (of 2 contracts) over the next year and half is more important than a sure signal box ??

Its either the box or a completely different handset ? and i like this handset why should i have to change it ? ? ? 

I would get better reception using 2 paper cups and a piece of string... 

Message 80 of 173 (8,537 Views)
EviL Ras

indeed, let me wade in on this one too! My sensation has been having issues with getting a signal for a few weeks now. If i remove the back and pull the sim out, then replace them back and turn on, i get signal for a few minutes, but then it drops again. honestly, the sensation is a real pain in the bum. How can we disgruntled owners get a replacement Galaxy S2?

Because ultimately why am i paying for a mobile contract, when the phone cant last to the end of the day without using all its battery, because its trying constantly to get a signal, which means i cant call or be called on it!!

As this only started a few weeks back, is it possible some software update has done this?

android 2.3.4

software 1.50.161.1

Message 81 of 173 (8,528 Views)