Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

One Mini 2 Faulty Microphone

dlorde
7: Helper
7: Helper

I spoke too soon in my last thread when I said the new phone was working fine... it actually had an intermittent microphone fault that swamped the input with loud crackling. This seems to be one of the more common problems with the recent One series phones.

I've now got a replacement  from Vodafone, which - so far - is working fine.

A quick heads-up to anyone else with this kind of problem on a new purchase or upgrade - Vodafone have a direct replacement service where a replacement is couriered out and the fauly phone is collected at the same time. If VF central don't have any new phones of the same model in stock, they can't do this (as I discovered), but another possibility is an in-store exchange, where you exchange the faulty phone for a new one from the store's stock. This is where I got lucky - my local VF store had one in stock even though VF central didn't.

Bear in mind that for these exchanges, VF want the faulty phone with all the bits and pieces that come in the box; the phone alone isn't sufficient - at least that's what VF Canterbury wanted before they'd authorise the exchange.

So keep the box and all the bits that come with it until you're certain your new phone is working properly.

16 REPLIES 16

hrym
17: Community Champion

On the mini, does it have the same Quick Access buttons as the M8 (pull the notification blind down with two fingers instead of one)?   Assuming it does, look for one that says "screenshot".   If you have as much trouble with two-button synchronisation as I do, it's the only way to do it.

Yes, that works - thanks for the tip - I hadn't noticed the Quick Settings screenshot :smileyhappy:

I think I'll still use the Power + Home method, but I can see why you might find the Settings one easier.

I talked to HTC support about the screenshot buttons being different from the User Guide, and the absence of the lockscreen wallpaper option in Personalize. They tried their own phones and said I was right about the lockscreen wallpaper option, but that they could take screenshots with Power + Volume Down. Neither of the VF One Mini 2 phones I've had do this, so it seems there must be some difference in UK (European?) and American versions - unless VF has messed with these settings, which seems unlikely. I'd be surprised if there had been any software updates yet that would affect this.

Just got one of these as an upgrade for my wifes phone, she didnt want it so i'm using it and 2 days of having the phone the mic hasnt worked yet, works on speakerphone but not on "normal" it wont.

lots of posts on forums accross the net about the same issue, none saying how to sort it, apparently issues with the noise cancelling system.

what can i do to get it replaced?

thesoupdragon
@iany

If you are within the 14 day cool off period you can simply arrange for the phone to be exchanged. You can choose a different phone, or even cancel altogether.

You can ring 191, use Live Chat or call into your local Vodafone store.
😉

Spoke to VF rep earlier and they're sending another phone via courier on monday.

hopefully it wont have the same issue, but i'm concerned that its a common reported issue on the web, mostly in america from what i can see from the forum locations. suggests it being software related as a lot of people only started to notice the issue after a software upgrade... maybe mine shipped with that later version on that causes it!!

I have spoken ot VF about mine (same problem) for the past 3 weeks, calls, emails and been into a store. Fobbed off from the start, I was in my 14 days when I first reported it but now they refuse to replace the phone and offer a repair only.

I can't see why I should have a repair when I reported it within 14 days and they strung it out with sim replacements until I was past the 14days!

I would like to hear VFs response?

Mine was replaced and turned out fine afterwards, no issues with the new phone, also updated the software to latest version and its still ok, so doesnt appear to be realted. must have been a hardware fault.