Support:

HTC

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
danfard

Re: Out of stock email on HTC Sensation pre-order!!!?

Hi Inzimam,

I can confirm the phone is unlocked, however I had a problem accessing data with my O2 SIM.

Regards,

Daniel.

Message 461 of 538 (4,214 Views)
inzimam

Thank you for the quick response. Nice to see Voda are providing the phones unlocked and from what I hear there is no branding either right?

I never have data on my sim cards so I cannot help with your issue, but I have had previous experience where my spare PAYG sim card had some numbers on it but could not be read by any phone other than the one used to write it to the SIM.

Message 462 of 538 (4,174 Views)
pickles1973

Apparantly BBC's Watchdog are doing a 'special' on incredibly small groups of irritated people who have been upset by an 18 Million customer base company because they let people (just anyone, they weren't even special like us) stroll in off the street to buy a phone that they had written their name on.

I for one have got in touch....

For what it's worth I had the e-mail late last night and have dropped everything I'd planned to do to stare out the window for the postie...

Message 463 of 538 (4,129 Views)
Rank 21: Instructor V
EddyOS

They run on a Vodafone-brandef FW version so in that way it is branded. Someone on XDA said it has the Vodafone 360 apps that can't be removed
HTC One X (S720e)
ROM: 3.14.401.31 (JRO03C)
HBOOT: 1.39.0000 | Recovery: Stock
Radio: 5.1204.162.29 | Kernel: Stock
Message 464 of 538 (4,125 Views)
Kumnaa

I've still not heard anything from Vodafone since the order conformation email on the 4th :smileysad:

Message 465 of 538 (4,097 Views)
inzimam

Ah I see. I don't think that is a problem since vodafone seems to be on the ball with providing updates to phones now.

At least there is no physical branding like they used to do.

Message 466 of 538 (4,083 Views)
danfard

Hi,

Apart from the additional Vodafone boot-up screen and 360 apps, there are no apparent modifications.

Wireless tethering has also not been removed.

Many thanks,
Daniel.
Message 467 of 538 (4,042 Views)
JimboWizbo

Sounds like I either got a half arsed goto response, or they've ran out of stock for preorders

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately your order is temporarily out of stock and we are currently investigating when we will be receiving new stock to be able to confirm an exact delivery date.

Please keep an eye on your emails as we will be back in touch as soon as we have further news on the expected dispatch date

Message 468 of 538 (3,944 Views)
terrywarner

My wife has just phoned me at work to say that my phone has arrived. I'm glad I finish early on a Friday.

Message 469 of 538 (3,940 Views)
Kumnaa

JimboWizbo wrote:

Sounds like I either got a half arsed goto response, or they've ran out of stock for preorders

Dear Customer,

Unfortunately your order is temporarily out of stock and we are currently investigating when we will be receiving new stock to be able to confirm an exact delivery date.

Please keep an eye on your emails as we will be back in touch as soon as we have further news on the expected dispatch date

When did you pre-order?

Message 470 of 538 (3,930 Views)
ordnas

Mines just been signed for at my local Voda store. Will be on my way very soon :smileyhappy:

Message 471 of 538 (3,918 Views)
RikD

Hi all. First time poster here.

I recieved my 'Dispatched' email late last night at 12:44 AM. But it didn't have a tracking number.  I will phone Vodafone at lunchtime to find it out but I was wondering if anyone else recieved their dispatch email after 12:00 am last night who has either had delivery today already or have a tracking number to say when it's expected to arrive?

I only ask as it says in the email 1 working day from 'Today' - so should I take it literally which means i'll get the phone Monday or could the email have just been delayed etc.

Cheers

Message 472 of 538 (3,883 Views)
sepulchasm

As posted on a previous page, I got an email at 00:44 as well.  I'd already emailled the online team yesterday, and got a reply this morning to tell me that the phone should be at my local store for collection today.

Haven't had a tracking number though.

Dan

Message 473 of 538 (3,872 Views)
RikD

Thank Dan - yeah i saw your earlier message.  I should have said - I requested home delivery not store pickup - not sure if that makes  any difference.  Hopefully not :smileywink:

Message 474 of 538 (3,854 Views)
Rank 2: First Poster
chenga28

cancelled my online order and going to store now to pick up!
Message 475 of 538 (3,839 Views)
JimboWizbo

Kumnaa wrote:

JimboWizbo wrote:

Dear Customer,

When did you pre-order?

May 16th.  I guess they're (sort of) going through in order of who preordered first.  And have ran out.  Unless I did just get a goto response from someone who didn't want to be at work on Friday.

Message 476 of 538 (3,757 Views)
jjj555

VF are surely reading this, do they have nothing to say?

Message 477 of 538 (3,727 Views)
maddybowers

I'm a long time vodafone customer and I pre-ordered earlier this week. (After having been told for the last month that existing customers cannot pre-order, unbelievable!!). I've had no delivery emails and when I phoned Vodafone, I was told it was awaiting stock and then when I spoke to someone else, they gave me a very long tracking number which doesn't relate to anything so I don't think it's a tracking number at all. So yeah, looks like they have sent out all their stock and are waiting for more! Nightmare.

Message 478 of 538 (3,709 Views)
Rank 4: Established Poster
alexp999

[ Edited ]

We had a delivery from Parcelforce at work, and its on the same route as my home address, so just managed to take delivery!

No signal though, I'll have to activate the sim with CS when I get back at lunch. Very nice though and for anyone still waiting a quick run down:

I ordered at 6pm on 4th May by phone as a new customer

I got a credit check email just after 7pm same day.

Got tracking number from CS at 7:45pm 19th May.

Got a despatching soon email at 1am 20th May. (with no tracking info)

No other emails but successfully tracked parcel at 7:30am.

Delivered around 11am today.

Message 479 of 538 (3,699 Views)
RikD

Mines arrived  :smileyhappy:

I'm at work and it's at home though  lol

Ordered 5th May at lunchtime (Upgrade, existing customer) - got the 2 emails 30 mins after ordering.

Got the generic "Delivery will be 2-4 working days" email last night at about 18:30

Got my "Dispatched order" email last night at 12:44 AM (no tracking number).

Phone arrived today at about 12:05

Message 480 of 538 (3,451 Views)