You are here:
Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
davyboy

Outgoing server settings

Hi, I'm new here so sory if this is long winded!

I am at an absolute loss as to what to do next regarding my problem. I upgraded my moby 5 days ago to a HTC Sensation and I am now unable to send emails. I can receive them fine but just cannot send!

I have been into the store but have exhausted their knowledge base, I have contacted voda tech support but just can;t seem to make them understand the problem so no joy there either.I also contacted my ISP provider, Orange who insist that the issue lies with Voda. This I believe for reasons stated later. 

So this is last chance saloon before I return the phone and cancel my new contract and part company with Voda after nearly 8 years...yes 8 years.

Right here goes:- ISP provider is Orange and I am using  a POP account. My incoming server settings match those on my PC and are working perfectly. I have tried every conceivable outgoing server smtp setting for Orange and for Voda but to no avail. The really annoying thing is that I had exactly the same problem on my last upgrade but after 2 days and by some great fortune I managed to speak to a techi from Voda who knew exactly what the problem was and sent the appropriate settings which gave me 2 years of unfailing service. By the way that setting was em1x-271.lhr.messaging..........no me neither !!

Now all of a sudden it's as if I am the only person in the world with this problem even though the hundreds of other forum post suggests clearly I'm not.

Please, please can someone fix this. I have until Tuesday to return the fone no questions asked at which point I will  ditch Voda and probably defect to Orange as I'm guessing I shouldn't have this problem if I use the same moby network as ISP provider.

Thanks in anticipation.

Message 1 of 5 (8,532 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
James

Re: Outgoing server settings

Hi davynoy,

Welcome to the Vodafone eForum from all of the team. :smileyhappy:

When it comes to outgoing email settings on your handset, these will always need to be Vodafone SMTP settings as the outgoing messages are sent via our network connection.

Can you confirm what settings you have tried for Vodafone?

To get the outgoing settings to work on Vodafone you will firstly need to register for a free Vodafone 360 account, once you have done this you will then need the following outgoing mail server settings;

Outgoing Server:smtp.360.com
Outgoing Server Port: 465
Outgoing Server requires authentication (SSL)
Use the 360 username and password as the authentication.

I would give this a go and let me know if you still have any trouble with these settings after you have registered fro a Vodafone 360 account.

If you have any comments regarding how I have handled your query today, please complete our short feedback survey.

James

eForum Team

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 2 of 5 (8,504 Views)
Rank 6: Frequent Poster
kevinx

Davyboy,

Have you tried/thought/considered using a gmail account (free) for outgoing mails on your handset??

I USED to use Vodafone (before "360"), and then things changed, and it was "hit and miss" that mails would be sent from my handset (pre "360" days).

It was then suggested that I use Google, and haven't looked back :-)

Google is only used for OUTGOING mail. My inbound mail is still through my existing ISP. Also, in case you were wondering, the recipients of my mails are unaware that it is through a gmail account, retaining existing ISP information/return address etc.

Good luck (if you haven't given up, and returned the handset already)

Cheers

Current/Previous Devices:- HTC OneX (W) HTC Desire HD. HTC Desire, N97Mini(died), N97(x3) which finally died, NokiaN82, Nokia 6300, Nokia 6230i, Nokia 6230, Nokia N80, Nokia 6310, Nokia 3650, Nokia+Other Nokias (+ 2 TinCans and a piece of string, but that was AGES ago!!) :-)
Message 3 of 5 (8,447 Views)
Rank 1: Guest
davyboy

Thanx kevinx

Spot on advice, all sorted thanks. I took a gamble that some helpful chap or chapess would solve this isue for me and kept the phone coz it's pretty damn good and even better now I'm controling it and not the other way around!!

Cheers.

Message 4 of 5 (8,437 Views)
Rank 6: Frequent Poster
kevinx

:-)

Glad you're now sorted.

Enjoy your phone.

Cheers

Current/Previous Devices:- HTC OneX (W) HTC Desire HD. HTC Desire, N97Mini(died), N97(x3) which finally died, NokiaN82, Nokia 6300, Nokia 6230i, Nokia 6230, Nokia N80, Nokia 6310, Nokia 3650, Nokia+Other Nokias (+ 2 TinCans and a piece of string, but that was AGES ago!!) :-)
Message 5 of 5 (8,426 Views)