Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Paying for games at 99p a week,

LauraCampbell31
Not applicable
I want to cancel this Games fee at 99p a week, I seemed to sign up without knowing and cant find WHERE to cancel this fee on my account settings.......
4 REPLIES 4

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi LauraCampbell31.

This isn't a service or app that we offer.

We'll be happy to investigate this and to see what the next steps are.

So that we can look into this further, see here for how to get in touch.

We aim to reply to emails within 48 hours. If you need a quicker response, please visit our Contact Us page.

DaveCD

mr_knightley
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

This is a scam - I started to get charged £1.50 per week by a company called Buongiorno which operates under BGAMES99. I never signed up for this - when contacting them they claimed "their activity logs indicate that I signed up by responding to one of their internet campaigns" (which I never did) but wouldn't provide further details.

Vodafone reimbursed the charges, but it's a scandal that they let these rogue companies operate on their network.

Complain to Vodafone and also file a complaint at http://www.phonepayplus.org.uk/

Only way to stop these criminals to take money from us it seems as Vodafone shirks all responsibility for these 3rd party operations.

Vodafone wont accept responsibility for 3rd partys like this sending you chargable messages, as it is not them.

Your number can be given to these companies in a number of ways.. literally anywhere online that asks for your mobile number can sometimes have small print somewhere saying it gives them the right to distribute your number to 3rd partys.

Complain to PhonePay Plus and they can assist you with tracking the company info to get a refund from them.

If you have found this helpful, please give Thanks :Smiling:

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

gemziilou125 is quite right.   PhonepayPlus is the place to go.   There have also been reports of the companies themselves refunding promptly if you complain direct (you can often find details by Googling).  The premium text industry has a murky reputation and is generally quite keen to avoid complaints to the regulator.

And, yes, there'll have been something buried in the t's & c's of something you downloaded.