cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Phone keeps connecting to bt wifi but I don't want it to!

Emeraldgreen
2: Seeker

I use my htc + mini on the go and use the mobile data to stream music and radio etc when I'm walking usually with no problems. However in the past few weeks my phone has started constantly trying to connect to bt wifi with fon which doesn't have a strong enough signal (just doesn't make sense if I'm on a long walk) and I lose my connection. I go to settings and switch off the wifi but almost immediately the bt wifi attempts to connect again, overriding the mobile data and stoping whatever I am listening to. Why is this happening even when I have turned off the wifi? I am happy to just use my mobile data if it means I get a decent signal! And why has this only just started happening after so long? I think I've had the phone nearly 2 years.

3 REPLIES 3

Emeraldgreen

I use my htc + mini on the go and use the mobile data to stream music and radio etc when I'm walking usually with no problems. However in the past few weeks my phone has started constantly trying to connect to bt wifi with fon which doesn't have a strong enough signal (just doesn't make sense if I'm on a long walk) and I lose my connection. I go to settings and switch off the wifi but almost immediately the bt wifi attempts to connect again, overriding the mobile data and stoping whatever I am listening to. Why is this happening even when I have turned off the wifi? I am happy to just use my mobile data if it means I get a decent signal! And why has this only just started happening after so long? I think I've had the phone nearly 2 years. 

Hi

By turning off Wifi it shouldn't try to connect !

Have you tried going into your wifi settings in the phone and 'forget this network'

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

BT wifi is a pain in just about every part of the body you can have pains in.   The solution is to go into Wifi in the main settings menu and tell the phone to forget it.  If it reappears, try the More (or Advanced) option as you may need this to delete it from the list completely.

This will be fine until the time you want to use a genuinely available BT hotspot (a premium one or one of the motorway service ones that's BT powered).   The hotspot name is the same for all flavours and the problem will recur (and need the same solution).