Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Phone shows 3G signal but internet will not work. HTC One M8

joeyboy1234
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Good Morning,

my phone shows 3G signal but the internet will not work. i have called vodafone numerous times and they told me it was a problem there end and it will be fixed the next day, this is still not fixed and it is affecting my work as i use my phone for work as well. im not happy with the vodafone customer service. i just want this problem resolved as i need the internet back asap and i am currently paying for a service that im not recieving.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!!

7 REPLIES 7

Retired-Matt_Vo
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi

Please try the steps in our Network Troubleshooting thread.

If you are still experiencing the issue having completed these steps, post the template with your answers here and I'll have a member of the team get back to you ASAP.

Thanks
Matt

hrym
17: Community Champion

Just to add to what Matt said, if your phone displays "3G", it's not transmitting or receiving data.  The protocols on 3G are H and H+ and thesse should show instead.   Either there's a fault on the network (I wasn't getting a data connection earlier today) or Mobile Data is turned off on your phone.

Retired-Ian_
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi joeyboy1234,

Have you followed the steps Matt and hrym gave?

If you're still having issues, post again and we'll be able to help.

Thanks,

Ian

My phone shows H+ but still not internet. i have called vodafone 15 times or more and been on live chat and even left work to go into the store and still not working. i have text web, changed sim, i even put another sim in my phone to check if its the phone but it worked with another sim so its the network. this has been a 3 day issue and i need it fixed. they have now said it will be today 12/9/14 at 20:00. if it is not i will have to go further and i would want to look into leaving vodafone due to the terrible customer service. they promised me it would be fixed twice now and its not.

hrym

Did you also look at the network status checker?   I've noticed intermittent data availability (though evidenced by a lack of and G or H symbol) in the last few days.  I suspect some wider maintenance may be going on.  I'm slightly surprised that you've been given a specific time for a fix - nto come across that before.  It suggets there may have been an issue with the account.

If you've tried everything else, your phone may need to go in for repair.

i dont believe it is the phone as when i put another sim into it the data worked straight away. its been 4 days now and its beyond a joke. vodafone are terrible. please someone help and fix my problem

Hi joeyboy1234,

So we can look into this for you, click here to get in touch.

Thanks,

Sarah