Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Poor customer service with HTC One

Robert_Isaac
6: Helper
6: Helper

I have a 10-month old HTC One on my account for my grand-daughter. On 11 January this year she took it into the VF store in Sheffield Crystal Peaks as it was getting hot when charging. She was told it was a common problem. The shop phoned me to say that there could be a charge for the repair depending on the fault. I said that was OK.

On 25 January my daughter called into the shop to see if it was back and was told it was not.

So end of last week I called VF Customer Service from my phone to find out what was happening.

I was told the shop had left a voicemail message that it was back in the shop. I was told that was on 19 January. I asked if there was a record of the number that voicemail was left on. Guess what. It was the broken phone that was in their store. Anyway it appeared the phone was back.

Last Friday my grand-daughter went to collect it but was told it had not been repaired because they had spoken to me and I had refused to pay the £120 repair fee. That is simply not true. No one has spoken to me about this. That appears to be a lie.

Yesterday morning I tried to phone the store to find out what their version of events was and if need be to arrange the payment so they can send it off to be finally repaired.

They do not answer incoming calls it appears. You have to leave your number and they will call back. That was 11.18am yesterday and still no call back.

Unfortunately I live in London, some 180 miles away, otherwise I would be going there myself to find out what is happening. Tomorrow my daughter will be going to the store and I will be asking to speak to their manager for an explanation.

I am seriously not impressed with Vodafone and this could be the end of many years of business with them. As a communications company it is not easy to speak with them.

9 REPLIES 9

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi,

A charge for a repair is if something has happened to the phone such as a drop or water damage as examples that's user caused. 

Have Vodafone clarified why you have to pay ?

The phone comes with a 24 month warranty. 

I can't explain whats happened with the sequence of events as we are fellow customers with no access to Vodafones systems. 

I woukd suggest speaking with Htc Uk Support. 

http://www.htc.com/uk/support/

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks. I spoke with VF tech and they said the charging port inside the phone was broken. From Internet searches this appears not to be uncommon and some cases are short of the phone catching fire. VF say this is outside the warranty and VF insurance.

Bob

Hi Bob. 

I would still certainly speak with Uk HTC SUPPORT. 

Unfortunately with charging ports they do seem to be excluded sometimes from the manufacturer warranty due to the amount of use they obviously get.

That said you don't get if you don't ask. 

Current Phone  >

Indeed. In all the years we have had mobile phones this is the first time a port has been damaged.

Bob

@Robert_Isaac wrote:

Indeed. In all the years we have had mobile phones this is the first time a port has been damaged.

Bob

It comes up every now and again on the forum. 

I wish you all the best. 

Current Phone  >

hrym

I would definitely talk to HTC.   If it's a known issue, it's quite likely they'll fix it under warranty.   Vodafone are 3rd party repairers and aren't allowed by any of the manufacturers to do warranty work if they see anything that looks like damage.

Micro USB ports are quite fragile things and I always treat them like cut-glass.  I've only seen pictures of USB C ones, but they look as if they may be more robust, which can't be bad.

HTC was not much help.

Bob

hrym

It sounds as though they regard it as damage too, then.   As I said, micro USB ports aren't the most robust things in the world and you do need to take care plugging into them.

thesoupdragon

You have to box clever when talking to Manufacturers.

If you mentioned to HTC that it had been refused by Vodafone, then they will not touch it...!

If you played dumb and just said it wont work, they normally just fix it once it's at their repairers.

Something to remember for the future...

TSD

Wink.gif