Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Rich Communication Suite - HTC One

billy-wizzz
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

ever since the latest firmware update my HTC One has been a nightmare while texting. It freezes, hangs, tells me to add a recipient even when I'm replying, completely crashes the phone sometimes.

I'd spoken to Vodafone tech on the phone just after the update and they suggested a reset. Didn't mention the RCS so I suspect they wern't aware of the totally useless peice of software all of us HTC One users have been stuffed with. I did the reset and nothing has changed other than having to spend ages restoring the phone back to the way I like it.

Evidently the software comes from Vodafone and we have NO WAY of deleting it. Even after a force stop and disable the phone is no better.

So what is Vodafone going to do for me now they have completely ruined my texting experience and made my otherwise briliant phone unstable? Any sign of a fix or a removal tool. I think not somehow.

6 REPLIES 6

Jebelious
16: Advanced member

Does not seem to be active on my device at all and i can not see any reference to it on the device, can you put some screenshots of the app up?

If i have helped please feel free to click on the Thumbs Up below

Hi Jebelious

this all happened after the latest firmware update. Maybe you havn't had the update yet?

I have the app disabled but it don't make any difference, ruined my phone!!!

Billy

I have not seen the application, my firmware is on the latest build and has been for a while now image

Can you provide a screenshot of the application? as i can not find this in the list of installed/active-running at all so it would suggest that it was not apart of the build for everyone.

Hi again,
below is a copied explanation I copies from another post. hope it helps.. It's (removed in line with eForum Ts&Cs) my phone so beware! You don't have any choice weather you download it or not, it's stuffed into you within the update.

RCS is a feature that's being rolled out across the board on all networks in the near future. It's a more reliable way of texting and will replace the native messaging capability. You can find out more about it here. :smileyhappy:

The HTC One is the first handset to get our version of this service via Message+. You'll be offered to download it from the maintenance release mentioned in other posts. Once installed, it can't be removed but it can be disabled in the phone settings.

Like NFC, Bluetooth or Wi-Fi, RCS feeds can use more power on your phone so those who use the service (or a similar option like Whatsapp) may see increased power usage.

Jebelious
Yeah just read the original post below, probably won't affect me as I use hangouts insured of the native app

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi billy-wizzz,

As per my other post here, we can look at having your phone in for a repair. Using this route, you can request the phone be returned to the previous software version if you're struggling to use it following the HTC update.

Thanks, Ben