You are here:
Ask a question:
Rank 3: Occasional Poster

Screen Bumping/Jumping

I am having and issue that sometimes my screens tries to resize all the time, and it looks like it's "bumping/jumping" on the bottom.

This happens mostly when new things need to be drawn on screen, like when going into a new app or the settings menu. Sometimes it also happens when pressing the menu button in an app and returning the the home screen.

Is anyone else having this issue? Does Vodafone have a fix for it? I have tried a factory reset but the same thing seems to be happening after that.

Thanks
Darren 

Message 1 of 6 (3,858 Views)

Re: Screen Bumping/Jumping

Spoke to Vodafone on the phone; who may I add gave great Customer Service... They had not had the screen jumping fault reported to them as yet and were more than happy to collect this phone tomorrow and at the same time drop me off a replacement.

Fingers crossed the next one does not have the same problems.
Message 2 of 6 (3,843 Views)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi DazNoonan,

Thanks for the update and the comments, it's good to see you've got a satisfactory resolution to your query.

If you do have any further questions, you know where to find us :smileyhappy:

Thanks

Andy

Message 3 of 6 (3,841 Views)

I will let you know how I get on tomorrow, but fingers crossed its a handset fault and not a fault in the software that we would have to wait for HTC to fix. It's one of those annoying ones too that you have no chance of living with Haha.

Thanks for your reply :smileyhappy:

Message 4 of 6 (3,837 Views)

No phone has arrived and is currently on charge... I wil report back how I get on with this unit. Hopefully its better and no worse :smileyindifferent:
Message 5 of 6 (3,800 Views)

Phone taken off charge and has been setup. The setup wizard did crash and ask me to report to HTC (which I did); it then continued and appears to have completed successfully. I've used it for around 15 mins and the problem with the jumping hasn't happened as yet so I will see how that goes.

The strange thing this time is that there are images already on the device (very nice ones may I add) and there is also music showing in the music App. These were not on my previous phone which obviously now seems strange as they are clearly there to show you what the phone can do, so I'm taking it as a good sign they are on this one.

I have updated all the Vodafone Apps as per the prompt and also updated all the Apps that came pre-installed as I was prompted for that when I opened the Play Store. I have not downloaded any new Apps as yet and probably won't until later when I've seen how I get on with this... (there was 11 Play Store Apps to update).

I have customised my Scene as I did before changing it from the Vodafone one to the HTC one and then also on to Aluminium. I basically wanted to get the phone setup how I want to use it as quickly as possible; which as I'm sure you would agree makes sense so I can compare to the first unit I had.

I've probably talked too much and given too much info but just wanted to cover all bases ready for when I update again on my findings with the second device.
Message 6 of 6 (3,793 Views)
Samsung Galaxy Alpha

Samsung Galaxy Alpha

Stand out from the crowd