Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Screen scratches

ScottRand
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Good Morning

I have been having HTC one m8 issues for a while now, my last issue was with multiple scratches on the camera and I managed to resolve this myself clearing the adhesive layer but the I am now having multiple scratches appearing on the screen itself. I have been using the dot view case and using micro fibre cloth and these scratches seem to be appearing every day. I am very dissapointed with this as I take good care of my phone. Can someone help me with what i can do?

4 REPLIES 4

drey_p
16: Advanced member

Hi there

Sometimes a microfibre cloth can be your worst enemy as they can hold onto dust and small pieces grit and then drag them across the screen when you clean it.  Some microfibre cloths themselves are too "harsh" and can also cause scratches.  One of the first things to do is to thorough wash your cloth to get out any grease or grit.  Next, get a screen protector and put it on your device - it will greatly reduce the risk of scratches on the screen.  It will also be worth you cleaning off your dot view case and any bits of dirt on there will simply rub on the screen.

PWIAC

Thanks for the response but if I am not supposed to clean it with a micro fibre cloth I really am at a loss with what I am supposed to clean it with. I want the scratches on my phone repaired as all I have been doing is cleaning the phone how i should and it has become like this. I dont really think thats right as I have taken great care of this phone.

drey_p

As suggested, you should clean your cloth and also the inside of your case.  There has to have been some fine dirt that you were dragging across the screen. 

If you want the scratches repaired, you can send your phone in to either HTC or Vodafone.  Do be aware that scratches aren't covered by your warranty and you would need to pay about £150 to have the screen replaced.

This is why you should put a screen protector on your phone the moment you get it.  Remember that screens are designed to be scratch resistance and not scratch proof. 

PWIAC

There is a great product called iKlear which you should try.  You can get it on amazon.  I use it to clean my computer screen, iPad, HTC One screen, TV screen etc.  You could be mistaking streaks for scratches and it's for this reason I suggest you try the iKlear.  I have used microfibre cloths myself with no ill effects.