You are here:

HTC

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
jozza65

Sensation Disorientation :-)

Now I've sorted my weak signal issues with the HTC Sensation by installing the Sure Signal, the phone is now convinced that I am sitting somewhere in Bromley (not very accurate as I am actually located near Southend-On-Sea in Essex :smileysurprised:) when I load Maps.

I assume this is because there is a router or switch that the signal goes through on my broadband, and that's what the phone is picking up as the mobile network location. If I go into Locations rather than Google Maps, the GPS takes over and it gets it right. This is bit of a pain, if I want to plan a route from my home I can't.

So, is there any way in the settings that I can tell the phone to use GPS/Wireless networks in preference to the mobile network location? I've tried turning Wireless off in the locations, but it doesn't seem to make a difference, so I assume that the mobile network location is the first one being used in precedence to the others.

Not a showstopper, but a little bit niggling....

Message 1 of 4 (8,306 Views)
Rank 20: Instructor IV
RupertTheFridge

Re: Sensation Disorientation :-)

If A_GPS is enabled it uses the cell location info to get your approx position before it uses he GPS system. Thats why it finds you quicker normally. When connected to a sure signal your not connected to a standard cell site as such, hence the incorrect info. I thought the reason you placed the location of a sure signal in my account was to help this feature, but I'm sure a mod can put us right. :smileyhappy:

Message 2 of 4 (8,293 Views)
Rank 13: Guide II
cjm1979

RupertTheFridge wrote:

If A_GPS is enabled it uses the cell location info to get your approx position before it uses he GPS system. Thats why it finds you quicker normally. When connected to a sure signal your not connected to a standard cell site as such, hence the incorrect info. I thought the reason you placed the location of a sure signal in my account was to help this feature, but I'm sure a mod can put us right. :smileyhappy:

The reason you put your postcode in the sure signal account settings is for emergency services to locate you roughly so you would think the location the phone shows would be fairly accurate. If it as the wrong postcode the sure signal does not work either for calling out. Voda sure signal tech support told me the call gets directed to the nearest mast but dont know if thats true.

Message 3 of 4 (8,288 Views)
Rank 1: Guest
jozza65

I just checked "Integrate Google Navigation" in the Location settings on the Sensation, and after a minute, my location in Maps is now correct. Coincidence? I'm not 100% sure what "Integrate Google Navigation" actually means!

Message 4 of 4 (8,276 Views)