Support:

HTC

Ask a question:
Rank 6: Frequent Poster
a_ukboy

Sensation issue with the Vodafone network.

Hi, I have the sensation and love the phone, but have a few issues with app's which fail to load pictures, it's only 3 app's that won't display pictures and one is the BBC news app, strange thing is if I use a different networks sim then the pictures load, have only used 3uk sim. All works fine over wifi but not 3G, was thinking that it must be a setting in the phone but as its working with a 3UK sim card then it must be a setting with my Vodafone apn??
Message 1 of 12 (8,253 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
George

Re: Sensation issue with the Vodafone network.

Hi a_ukboy,

Hmmm, this is a little strange. What are the other 2 apps that have the problem if you don't mind me asking?

I don't have access to the HTC Sensation at the moment so I'm not able to check this at all, but is there a way to amend connection settings within the app itself? If so, I'd recommend changing the Vodafone APN from whichever one it's currently on, to the other one. The APNs are as follows:

APN: Internet, Username: web, Password: web

APN:wap.vodafone.co.uk, Username: web, Password: web

Give that a go and let me know how you get on. I'll try and source a HTC Sensation to check this on if that doesn't work. In the meantime, a member of the community may know the answer to this one.

Kind Regards,

George.

Message 2 of 12 (8,191 Views)
Rank 7: Helper I
john32

Hi there,

A long shot, but do you have content control enabled on your SIM? had a similar experience recently and it turned out content control was blocking the images as it could not determine their age rating.

John

Message 3 of 12 (8,187 Views)
a_ukboy

Thanks George, it's not the apn as I have changed that, the other app that I have the moment where picture don't load is grindr.. And John, thanks for your suggestion and have checked, the content control is off, so I have switched it on then off again to reset it, so far it's made no difference
Message 4 of 12 (8,182 Views)
Blinkie

[ Edited ]

APN: Internet, Username: web, Password: web

APN:wap.vodafone.co.uk, Username: web, Password: web

My username is set as: wap Password *** (assuming its wap)

Is this correct?

Message 5 of 12 (8,176 Views)
Tech Team
Wayne

Hi Blinkie

The Internet APN details are correct but the wap.vodafone.co.uk should have ‘wap’ and ‘wap’ as the username and password.

Thanks

Wayne

eForum Team

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 6 of 12 (8,141 Views)
a_ukboy

Anybody with a sensation having the same issues with me???

Message 7 of 12 (8,116 Views)
Rank 1: Guest
skoobydoo73

i have same issus. loads pictures when on wifi but not over 3g. but i've only got the problem with bbc app

Message 8 of 12 (7,965 Views)
Tech Team
Wayne

Hi skoobydoo73

Can you give us a little bit more information on this?

You only struggle to load images with the BBC app?

What happens if you Google search images? Do they load?

What about other websites?

Please let me know and we’ll be happy to help you further.

Thanks

Wayne

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 9 of 12 (7,938 Views)
a_ukboy

I have the same issues, i have tried and on the bbc news app the images do not load, google images are fine and also images on other websites, I also have the same issue with an app called Grindr

Message 10 of 12 (7,846 Views)
Tech Team
DaveCD

Hi a_ukboy

Thank you for the information, it sounds as though the phone is in full woking order and unfortunately it may be the app that is at fault which is something we cannot resolve at this end as it is managed by a third party.

We are aware of issues with the Grindr app and we have our support teams working with the creators to try and rectify this issue.

Many Thanks

DaveCD

eForum Team

Message 11 of 12 (7,818 Views)
electronicpunk

I have the same issue with some BBC news article images in the widget and app sometimes, to be honest I suspect it is the BBc themselves.
Message 12 of 12 (7,809 Views)