cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

'Service update - There is a new configuartion'?

JiM84
1: Seeker
This keeps appearing with no obvious way of addressing it. What is more concerning, I've had a sharp increase in my data usage and subsequently bills since this little thing showed up.

Can someone please explain any correlation, or just anything useful.

Kind regards,
James
3 REPLIES 3

hrym
17: Community Champion

I had a "service update" on my M8 and it was something to do with managing downloads.   I've installed it, everything's fine, but I haven;t noticed any difference.

Differences in data use need to be investigated.  In the first instance, have a look at the inbuilt data monitor that's in Settings|Mobile Data|More.  It'll list your apps in order of usage and you can narrow the period to spot the culprit.   While you're in there, set the app up to reflect your data limit and rollover date and then add an alarm to warn you when you're getting near it.

Sometimes, an app that used hardly any data when it ws idle can start getting very hungry,  If necessary, you can disable it until an update fixes it.

This happened on my M7 after every reboot, and was happening on my new M8 too, but I have managed to get rid of it.

Next time you reboot and you get the service configuration change notification, long press on it rather than a quick press or swipe.  This then brings up the HTCMobileData app, with a toggle for turning notifications on or off.

Not sure what the HTCMobileData app is, but it is that which has been causing the messages.

hrym

The only thing with that is that you'll miss notification you might want.   That said, there are quite a few HTC apps that notify you of things you probably don't need and you can turn them off (the notifications, I mean).