Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Set up email

MrsSlowe
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

My daughter has locked me out of my mobile with too many pattern attempts. My husband purchased and set up this phone. We know the original set-up email address which I assume is the username but he can't remember the password. Before I'm forced to do a factory reset is there a way the password can be recovered by way of an email to the setup email address? We have a Vodafone online account setup for the account. Gmail was not set up when we purchased this phone as he didn't have a gmail account. I thought I'd set up recovery for this but every UN/pw dosent work.

Thanks

Sarah

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

thesoupdragon
17: Community Champion

Normally when you set up Pattern Lock you will be asked to enter a 4 digit Pin number as a Backup.

This is only for unlocking the Physical device itself...

However there is also an option to create a SIM Lock which locks the Phones SIM card and prevents the Phone from being used.

A SIM Lock will require a pass code from Vodafone in order to activate the SIM again.

If you remove the SIM card from the Phone and it opens properly then you know it's a SIM Lock blocking the Phone.

If the Phone still won't open you know it's the Physical Phone Lock.

If the Phone is Physically Locked, you will have to Factory Reset the Phone.

If the Phone is SIM Locked you need a PUK code from Vodafone.

TSD

View solution in original position

7 REPLIES 7

BandOfBrothers

Hi

Welcome to the eforum.

Have you tried navigating on a computer to your email homepage and use a password recovery option. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Sorry I know how to get into the email account but that password doesn't help. What I'm looking for is the password for the phone which was used when it was set up. I assume it's actually a Vodafone password which needs to be recovered. I would hope they can send me something to the setup email address so they can verify me as a user and I can gain entry to my phone.

Sarah

BandOfBrothers

Ah ok. 

Im not sure Vodafone would be able to assist as the lockout is a security protocol to protect the phone and data within. 

This is a customer to customer forum with no one here having account access. 

Live Chat found in the Contact us link at the foot of the forum page and Customer service via 191 have account access. 

Edit : Came across this http://m.wikihow.com/Reset-a-HTC-Smartphone-when-Locked-Out

Talks about a Google account. 

Current Phone  >

Sorry I thought this was the only way to get help as live chat doesn't appear to work from an iPad 1. I can't see the link you are talking and if 191 isn't an emergency number I can't call that from my phone as its locked.

Thank you for trying to help. I'm not sure I've made myself clear. I can't use google gmail as this wasn't set-up when phone was started andit doesn't want to use the UN/pw I have as a gmail account. 

I'm not even sure it's even trying to verify the UN/pw anyway as its doesn't appear to do anything.

Factory reset it is.

Sarah

BandOfBrothers

Live Chat is best used on a Computer. 

I've had Live Chat working on my iPad Air by using the Request Desktop Mode. 

Hope all goes well. 

Current Phone  >

63johnw
Hi, if you have been locked out of the phone is it not your PUK you need?

thesoupdragon

Normally when you set up Pattern Lock you will be asked to enter a 4 digit Pin number as a Backup.

This is only for unlocking the Physical device itself...

However there is also an option to create a SIM Lock which locks the Phones SIM card and prevents the Phone from being used.

A SIM Lock will require a pass code from Vodafone in order to activate the SIM again.

If you remove the SIM card from the Phone and it opens properly then you know it's a SIM Lock blocking the Phone.

If the Phone still won't open you know it's the Physical Phone Lock.

If the Phone is Physically Locked, you will have to Factory Reset the Phone.

If the Phone is SIM Locked you need a PUK code from Vodafone.

TSD