Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Signal deterioration

Fallingawake
2: Seeker

Having been a Vodafone customer for many years and not had a problem I am seriously upset with the terrible customer service I have had regarding my recent upgrade to a HTC Legend, all was wonderful at the start but as the days passed I've noticed the signal strength I receive at home has got worse and worse, due to the fact that my wife (also on vodafone) manages to get great signal in every room, I can only assume it was my handset, so, phoned customer service and was told firstly that it must be the walls in my home (!) this makes no sense to me when I can put mine and my wifes handsets next to each other (wifes is a cheaper samsung) she gets 4 bars, and I get the dreaded 'Emergancy Calls Only'. 2nd call to customer services, now told it's a common problem with Legends!!! and was told that nothing can be done. 

In summary, a great phone (love andriod!) but I can't actually use it !!!!!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks for the replies, yes I have checked the network settings and the battery cover, seems like I am stuck on a 24 month contract with a phone that I can't use at home! This is possibly the worst customer service I have ever experienced and can't believe if it's a known problem that Vodafone refuse to do anything about it! (notice also how the admins/mods are not commenting on this)

View solution in original position

9 REPLIES 9

Vampfy
16: Advanced member
Hi fallingawake

Is it possible that your wifes phone is set to 2g networks and yours is set to either 2g/3g preferred OR 3g only? That would explain the signal difference..

Check out your coverage at http://www.vodafone.co.uk/network - might shed some light on this.

ProfFrink
1: Seeker

If you look at HTC.com/support they say poor reception is sometimes a problem with the bottom cover being loose and making sure the bottom of the phone isn't covered: "To get the best reception on the phone please ensure the bottom cover is attached securely to the phone. There are 2 prongs underneath the bottom cover that act as the antenna for your phone. When using the phone, please make sure that the palm of your hand is not completely covering the bottom cover to get the best reception".

Might help? But I agree, can get v poor signal although I just presumed that was Vodafone's fault and not the phone itself! :smileyindifferent:

I'm afraid it is a common problem with the Legend.  Look at this thread here:

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/HTC-Devices/HTC-Legend-Antenna-issue/m-p/391537#M60560  

47 pages of complaining and Vodafone have done nothing about it.  I complained for months and was lucky if I even got a reply let alone a resolution.  

I ended up buying a Desire and everythings ok now but i'll be leaving Vodafone as soon as my contract is up - absolutely appalling customer service.  

Thanks for the replies, yes I have checked the network settings and the battery cover, seems like I am stuck on a 24 month contract with a phone that I can't use at home! This is possibly the worst customer service I have ever experienced and can't believe if it's a known problem that Vodafone refuse to do anything about it! (notice also how the admins/mods are not commenting on this)

I live in a village close to Andover in hampshire.3 people live in this house all with different phone services.

Vodafone,EE and 3. All services, the signal has deteriorated over the last 6 months.

I have been in the Andover shop but nobody can give me a straight answer over the signal situation.

How long do we have to put up with this. Surely 4G can not be blamed for everything. Sometimes i completely loose signal.

These contracts we are all in are not cheep,but we are paying for a service we are not getting.

drey_p

Hi there

If you are experiencing network issues, the first thing to do is go through the steps in the Network Troubleshooting Guide.

If these steps don't sort out the problem, please could you post the template with your results back here so that the eForum Team can investigate the issue for you.

PWIAC

xtammyx1984x
3: Seeker
3: Seeker
Oh that sounds the same as me when I had the note three I had to get my contract cancelled I can't get much signal from any other network in my house so I stuck with voda gor a new phone after 8 months of daily some times more than 2 or three times a day phone calls 5 new sim cards and using mine in 4 other phones he problem got worse and worse I couldn't call out no one could call me yet I was getting tex messages telling me I had missed calls even when no one rang me. I had my number changed 3 times one of those as an active number ha ha ha brilliant. I will advise you this keep on and on and on and don't make the mistake of accepting compensation. ... at all get it cancelled and start again font get the same phone or the note 3!!! It's the only way I promise you I had all the excuses you did yet there is 4 others in thus house on voda

PGrady

I have been a business customer of Vodafone for 14 years. The phone signal has always been excellent where I live and was always the best compared to other networks. My work upgraded me to a blackberry in 2012 and I then received a new SIM shortly after. The signal strength continued to be excellent at my home location.

THEN - since October 2014 the signal is pants. It is SOS only apart from the odd occasion when the signal returns to its previous normal.

I would like to know what Vodafone has done to destroy the signal strength (or is it that my bandwidth is limited, or has been reduced by my comms provider). I would like to know. CAN VODAFONE RESPOND !

drey_p

Hi there

If you are experiencing network issues, the first thing to do is go through the steps in the Network Troubleshooting Guide.

If these steps don't sort out the problem, please could you post the template with your results back here so that the eForum Team can investigate the issue for you.

PWIAC