Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sim Activation

mckp
2: Seeker
I added an extra phone line to my contract and received the new hand set the next day. I've now had the phone for 10 WEEKS and the SIM still hasn't been activated! I've spent most of the last two months on the phone to Vodafone, repeating myself over and over, just to be told the same thing over and over. "it will be up and running within 48hrs", now I just laugh when they say that. I've visit numerous shops numerous times, just to be fobbed off numerous times. One person managed to swap my original number to the new phone, so i still only had one phone that worked. One bloke said that it was ok because i wouldn't be charged, but i have been billed for it! I've tried live chat...that kicks me off mid conversation and says no-one is available try again later. I was told to collect and try a new SIM, that took three hours plus car parking costs, waste of time. Vodafone have gone massively down in my estimations. I was told that i can't even send the phone back because they couldn't access my account. Might have to cancel direct debits and sell handset on eBay. Seriously frustrated!
3 REPLIES 3

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

It's beginning to look as though there may be an issue with the SIM activation process in some cases.   I belive the Tech Team and looking into it and my guess is that they'll pick up your post in due course and should be able to help.  Just hang on.   I don't think this is one the frontline customer service people can deal with, and that, when they try it, the process appears to complete correctly - hence what they tell you.

mckp
Thanks for your reply hrym. The fact that you replied before Vodafone speaks volumes, would be nice if they even pretended to care! I've been told countless times that my query has been passed to the tech team. After hearing nothing I phoned and asked to speak to the tech team and was told that they didn't exist and customer services was the be all and end all. There seems to be a massive void between the shop assistants and Vodafone. They just phone customer services and get fobbed off too...

Retired-Rodney
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @mckp,

For immediate assistance, please get in touch via Live help.

Alternatively, I've sent you a private message here, with how to send us your details.

Thanks,

Rodney