Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Swansea Shop support

Eleanor98
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
I had a problem with my HTC One a couple of months ago. My phone would not let me recieve or make calls. When making a call, the call would be received at the other end, however no sound was received on either end, and there was also no ringing sound when connecting. The same would go for when receiving a call. After the problem not going away for a couple of weeks, I went to my local Vodafone store (swansea) to see if they could fix it. There I was informed that the sim was fully functional, and that there was a problem with the device itself, and I would have to have it sent of for further examination, and if there was any physical damage to the device, it could cost £150+. After speaking to friends and family, they recommended a second consult, as they thought it was something to do with the software. I then visited a store in Preston when visiting family, and a very helpful assistant told me they had seen this problem before and a simple factory reset would fix it. He was right, I have not had a problem since. This saved me over £100. I would seriously recommend seeing more than one Vodafone help store to double check they're support, as this isn't very reassuring when these people are meant to be helping us, not taking our money.
1 REPLY 1

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

The technical expertise in shops varies - some members of staff are more au fait with operating systems than others.   The warning about a cost if there's damage only covers the possibility of it (it's like BT telling that if a fault is your side of the master socket, they'll charge).  As a 3rd party repairer, Vodafone aren't allowed by any of the manufacturers to carry out a warranty repair if there's any evidence of damage (this can even be as little as a small scratch).   For the benefit of anyone else reading this, you have the option of not paying, getting the device back and going to the manufacturer themselves - they have more discretion.

Glad to hear you got the matter sorted.  A factory reset, especially on Android devices, is a simple fix for a lot of issues.   Don't forget to back up your content first, though.