Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Texts arriving late - but not all the time

MessyMessage
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi, I have read through the forum about late texts - but cannot find any answers that apply to me !!!

I have a HTC desire and when recieving texts from a blackberry ( both on Vodafone) some texts arrive when sent - others appear late - the lateness can be 30 mins to 24 hours.

The location is Hayling Island which has TERRIBLE vodafone reception - so bad in fact I have a Sure Signal at home

1) texts arrive in the wrong order - so I can get a text sent at (as an example) 10:00 and and then the 9:00 am text will arrive later

2) the messages are stored on my phone in the "correct" order - so the 9:00 text will be stored before the 10:00

Does anyone have any suggestions - thanks

12 REPLIES 12

awright991
11: Established
11: Established
Hi can you check SMS settings against these below:

Message centre number- +447785016005
Message format - this should be set to text

Then test it by sending a text to 9770. If all is well you'll receive a message back

Thanks - that works - but dont see how that helps - as I receive text messages - they can arrive quite quickly - but some arrive 24 hours late -

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi MessyMessage,

Thanks for your posts.

This is an odd one. So that I can look into this further, please can you get back to me with the following:

-Is it just the one person that you receive delayed texts from?

-Is there any pattern as to where you are when they send the texts (location specific issue)?

-Is there any pattern as to where they are when they send the texts (location specific issue)?

-Are any of their texts delayed when sent to anyone else?

-Have either of you changed phones or updated software recently?

The more information you can provide the better :Smiling:

Thanks,

Jenny

Try a sim.change....

Hi,

just been searching the forum about problems with sending and receiving txt messages when I saw these posts.

My wife and myself have been having the same problem with random txt messages arrive hrs or occationally days later and once a picture message was received by a friend 2 months later!

Did a new sim card help?

both using iphone 5

dlorde
7: Helper
7: Helper

I've noticed this for a year or two - occasionally texts will be up to 24 hrs late coming in or being received elsewhere. A friend sent me one that never arrived a month or so ago. Other people in this area (North Kent) have noticed it too. I don't find it a serious problem, but I text far less than some people. It happened with my previous phone and SIM, and has happened with my current phone with a different SIM.

Is there a fix for this or is a change of Servive provider required?

Hi guys,

@flycop2000 – Welcome to the eForum.

You can look at change your SIM card. How old are the SIM cards you’ve got?

When the messages are being delayed, is this from one network or across different networks?

@dlorde – How often is this happening?

When the messages are being sent do you have signal at the time? Is it to a different network that the messages are being sent to?

Cheers,

Laura

Hi Laura,

My SIM card is now 2 years old but this problem has been ongoing for more than that, I never thought of looking into the problem s I thought it was location and a poor signal that was causing the problem. The messages being delayed are across networks and within vodaphone as my wife is a vodaphone customer and txts between us are ofted delayed by a full 24hrs occationally. The delays are just random, eg I was standing next a friend a few months ago and he asked me if I received the txt earlier which I had not! I then sent him txt and it was 30 mins before he received it? We both had good signal stregnth at the time. Another fried earlier this week replied to a txt I had sent, as yet I have not received it!

Hope this information  helps as I'm activly looking at changing network providers.

cheers,

Richard.