Ask

Solution

Unable to connect to voicemail

Shaz_uk
2: Seeker

Hello Can you help,

I am trying to set up my voicemail on my HTC Wildfire S,

when I dial 121 and then press 1, I get the message "unable to connect you to vodafone voicemail, please end call."

Am I missing a setting on my phone somewhere?

thanks

Shaz.

7 REPLIES 7

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Shaz,

The easiest way to set up Voicemail on your handset is to call 1211 from the phone and listen to the message. It's a freephone number that will switch your voicemail on. Likewise, if you need to deactivate it in future, simply dial 1210. :Smiling:

Let me know when you've done that to confirm it's set up OK. :Smiling:

Cheers, Ben

Hello Ben,

I have tried that a couple of times and it doesn't seem to fix the problem, still get the unable to connect ot voicemail message.

Regards.

shaz.

Retired-Lee
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hello Shaz_uk,

Thanks for trying Ben's suggestion.

I've sent you a PM which can be accessed here. If you could follow the instructions in the PM and send us your details one of the team will be with you as soon as they can.

Cheers,

LeeH

Please can you also send the Private Message to Me as I have the following - 

Spoiler

*I dail 1211*

*Phone rings*

Automated Voice - Welcome to The Vodafone Voicemail Connection Service

Automated Voice - If you require connection, press 1

*I Press 1*

Automated Voice - Sorry, It has not been possible to connect you to the Vodafone Voicemail Service,

Automated Voice - Thank you for calling, please disconnect

*line becomes dead*

Hi PhilipHughes,

So that we can look into this further, take a look here for how to get in touch.

We aim to reply to emails within 48 hours. If you need a quicker response, please visit our Contact Us page.

Thanks,

Ian

grannylidl

After multiple attempts to connect to voicemail, I always get the message 'it has not been possible to connectyou to the vodafone voicemail service, please hang up'.    Why is this and can anybody help?  I am going abroad in two days and will need this service.  HELP PLEASE

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi grannylidl,

Take a look here for how to get in touch and we can look into this further.

We aim to reply to emails within 48 hours. If you need a quicker response, please visit our Contact Us page.

Thanks,

Jenny