Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Urgent Number Block

matthtc
2: Seeker

I have an HTC 8S. I urgently need to block a number from contacting me. I spoke to a Vodafone Customer Service agent who told me to get a crime reference number. I have spoken to the Police and they have given me a crime number.

I was told to email Nuisance Caller Bureau at vodafone dotcom but they are not responding to my issue. So I went back to Vodafone Customer Services and now they tell me I should be able to block this number from my phone. 

I can assure you that there is no option to block a number from the HTC 8S and HTC have confirmed that it is not possible. 

This does appear to be a Vodafone issue now and not an HTC issue. I have been diagnosed with depression and I desperately need to block a certain number as soon as possible.

12 REPLIES 12

matthtc
So, in summary, phone companies cannot permanently protect their customers against this behaviour and there is no satisfactory alternative solution.
We are forced to settle these issues ourselves, often involving the police and, in my case, doctors and counsellors and still I have no solution.

matthtc
Htc 8s is not on the devices list for Google Play store,

You are incorrect.

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Oh, it's a Windows phone.   Sorry, didn't realise - I didn't know they made those.  I had a Windows device briefly and was appalled by the lack of apps for the OS.   That's not Vodafone's fault, though.